Skip to main content

Trip to Kareri Lake

 Last week on 13th April 2022 , I and my friend Sunita joined an adventure group to go for a trekking to 'Kareri Lake' in Himachal Pradesh , India .

Sunita brought her 6 years old son also along . So we three packed our bags and reached the Chandigarh bus stand . The group consisted of 6 people from Chattisgarh and 6 from Punjab including us. The journey started at 11 pm with three  cheers , hip hip hurray and 'Bole so nihaal' shouts . Getting to know new people and singing along was so cheerful . After having dinner at a dhaba on the way , it was a non stop journey and early  in the  morning we reached 'Kareri village' . It's around 10 kilometre from the famous place Dharamsala in Himachal Pradesh. 

Early morning at Kareri was giving us chilled waves so everybody opened his bag and wore jacket . The beauty of that small  village having population of less than 500 people was speaking for itself . The hot masala tea at Mohinder cafe freshened us up and during the next two hours we all got ready to start our trek . Everybody felt famished . Pet me choohe kood rahe the and we craved for prefixed breakfast menu  of  alu paranthas . Alas ! The paranthas didn't turn up tasty at all and we had to satisfy ourselves with bread butter and tea . 

We travelled another 3 kilometre on the wheels and reached the point where the trek was to start .

"Shaka laka laka la ......Hoo Haa Hoo Haa" 

Well this was the Chattisgarh team's mantra which was energising everyone . Thanks Vivek , Manish , Jyoti , Puja , Aman for this mantra .

Trek started from here


It was a 10-11 kilometre trek from this point which we covered in six hours enjoying the chilled water spots , snow spots and the maggi points on the way . I can still feel those chills when I and my newly made friend Arihant cheered each other in the water and clicked pictures . Even Sunita's son Danish was so excited playing with stones in the water .

At around 4:30 pm we reached 'Kareri lake' and the beauty of that place just  can't be described here in words . The lake surrounded by snow clad mountains , giving high profile reflections of  clouds , snow and the Mahadev temple proved how Nature was in deep synchronization with the divine power . It felt blessed to be at that place at it was difficult to move one's eyes off . My heart just didn't want to leave that place rather I wanted time to stand still . 

But soon it got dark and  the hills started sending glacial winds . Angrej Sir , Sandeep Sir and Soham arranged a bonfire which was difficult to manage because of wet woodlogs and strong icy  wind streams. The gushing sounds of river flowing deep down was becoming scarier .

Everyone quickly had dal chawal in the dinner (in the flashlights of phones ) to quickly dive into the tents . We glided into our sleeping bags to get a comfort sleep but noone had actually come prepared for that 2 degree temperature at night . Inspite of rubbing my hands and legs constantly I kept shivering whole night .

"Shaka laka laka la ......Hoo Haa Hoo Haa" 

Well this 'Hoo Haa Hoo Haa' was what i did whole night  in my sleeping bag praying for  the sun to rise as early as possible.

It was a wonderful trek the memories of which will always remain in our hearts . I must say that travelling with friends is a therapy which everyone must keep practicing .

Here I share few pics :




Comments

  1. Shaka laka laka la... Hoo haa hoo haa

    ReplyDelete
  2. lively travelogue! I miss travelling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks . Take that plunge again !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really amazing experience 😊 nostalgic after reading this...beautifully written

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z 2022

I started my blog five years ago and my blogging journey during these five years has gone through many twists and turns . I started my blog on self hosted wordpress site , learnt lot many technical aspects like DA ,  SEO and latram patram .....Blogchatter has been a constant friend ( plus a big support) since then ....I have  successfully participated in  #BlogchatterA2Z three times .....and wrote two ebooks too during the process . All this was quite exciting you know as I got to understand a bit of creative side of writing , made some new blogger friends , and became a proud AUTHOR of two ebooks .  In 2018 my theme was #Astitva where I wrote about various stigmas faced by a woman in our society . In 2019 I wrote under the theme #Prerna where I uploaded  some inspirational posts . In 2020 all my blogposts were related to the life of middle aged women (as that was the time I had just stepped into my forties ) . That was the time I came up with the book 'The Silver Lined Mommy' 

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember how i  had to bear my daughter

Keep Yourself Alive

 Are you alive ? Are you thankful that you are alive ? I am writing this in some spare  time at my workplace and a few minutes ago I got to know about the sudden death of one of our collleagues  . Always smiling and helpful to all , he was in his early forties . Leaving his family and kids crying  , he just decided to fly away , may be to a happier world ( atleast that's what i wish )  Well ! I never intended to begin with  anything of this sort but today's news has left me disturbed you know .  All i can do is to be thankful that I am alive , hale n hearty . Life is so unpredictable you see but still we all have filled our life with hatred , jealousy , competition, ego , leg-pulling , stress, frustration and what not . You or Me can just disappear in a moment and then ?  Let's simplify our life ....a life which is easy going , happy and filled with love for all . Let's stop rushing ! Let's stop judging others ! Let our ego go off with smiles , hugs and gratitude fo