Skip to main content

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen.

Dear Kitchen   

Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly . 

Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene . 

It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember how i  had to bear my daughter's  irritation when your  cooker kept  whistling  non-stop . And that dough for bhature had an extra peg of water and started dancing on the tunes of shakira . Dear kitchen !  please try to make things simpler for your mom.  

Out of all your family members I  love those  boxes of cornflakes , masala oats , makhana(foxnuts)  , tea and beaten coffee the most . They are so obedient and   friendly . I can look up to them even at the midnight hours . 

Dear kitchen , when will you grow big enough that i call you and you serve me with a hot coffee and a freshly baked cake ? 

Atleast learn to make dal chawal because that's the dish my family demands daily at night . Can't you do such a little task for your sweet mom ? I would bless you with salt , pepper , cumin , cardamom and whatever you ask for . Afterall you are my adorable  child !

My dear kitchen I have always loved you and keep doing so but please please please! grow up a bit and kindly approve my leave for one  week . As my family often does , let me also cherish the ME time sitting in the balcony and just ordering. 

You hold a very important place in my life . All i want is that you learn to be yourself .

Yours lovingly 

Mom



 

Comments

  1. //when will you grow big enough that i call you and you serve me with a hot coffee and a freshly baked cake ? // ha ha. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! :-) Kitchen is a place that we take so much for granted, don't we! So, thoughtful of you to have remembered K for Kitchen, and more than that, wrote a letter :-)
    For me kitchen is also a place to experiment, with new combinations of recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ofocourze its a place we experiment so much but now over years i have got bored of experimenting.

      Delete
  3. Nice one. I'm carried back to the kitchen of my bachelor days in Shillong, a 4x 8 feet cell that sustained me for years. I wished time and again it could do some work by itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks . I am glad you got reminded of old days

      Delete
  4. A nice kindred appeal to your kitchen. Remarkably interesting post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehe... I wish to sign this letter too Monika. Such a fun thought!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha... How we all wish for this! This was a fun read

    ReplyDelete
  7. If only! Nice post that has me chuckling over the sincere wishes of all of us who arenot too fond of cooking!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z 2022

I started my blog five years ago and my blogging journey during these five years has gone through many twists and turns . I started my blog on self hosted wordpress site , learnt lot many technical aspects like DA ,  SEO and latram patram .....Blogchatter has been a constant friend ( plus a big support) since then ....I have  successfully participated in  #BlogchatterA2Z three times .....and wrote two ebooks too during the process . All this was quite exciting you know as I got to understand a bit of creative side of writing , made some new blogger friends , and became a proud AUTHOR of two ebooks .  In 2018 my theme was #Astitva where I wrote about various stigmas faced by a woman in our society . In 2019 I wrote under the theme #Prerna where I uploaded  some inspirational posts . In 2020 all my blogposts were related to the life of middle aged women (as that was the time I had just stepped into my forties ) . That was the time I came up with the book 'The Silver Lined Mommy' 

Keep Yourself Alive

 Are you alive ? Are you thankful that you are alive ? I am writing this in some spare  time at my workplace and a few minutes ago I got to know about the sudden death of one of our collleagues  . Always smiling and helpful to all , he was in his early forties . Leaving his family and kids crying  , he just decided to fly away , may be to a happier world ( atleast that's what i wish )  Well ! I never intended to begin with  anything of this sort but today's news has left me disturbed you know .  All i can do is to be thankful that I am alive , hale n hearty . Life is so unpredictable you see but still we all have filled our life with hatred , jealousy , competition, ego , leg-pulling , stress, frustration and what not . You or Me can just disappear in a moment and then ?  Let's simplify our life ....a life which is easy going , happy and filled with love for all . Let's stop rushing ! Let's stop judging others ! Let our ego go off with smiles , hugs and gratitude fo