Skip to main content

Why do I write ?

 I have been writing a blog for the last five years and many times people question me why do i write . Well ! I don't have an exact answer . But whenever someone has asked me this question ' Why do you write ?' i have answered in the form of some question only like 'Why do you go shopping ?' or 'Why do you love to  go  on vacation?' 

Actually the basic answer is that it feels good . It makes me happy , contented and also a little proud of myself . The feeling when i boasted about being an author is incomparable .

May be you don't read me but I keep writing for myself - to reflect on my life experiences and learn from them. Earlier i used to feel depressed when people didn't read me but now it's just between me and my blog .

Writing  helps me connect to my creative side and helps increase my vocabulary also.

Writing provides an escape when reality becomes too complex.

I like to write because it allows me to focus on a subject  and helps me relieve stress.

 I enjoy writing because i can write anything based on how i am  feeling  at the moment. Sad, happy, agitated-  anything can become good writing.

Instead of scrolling for  long purposelessly on whatsapp and social media, working on my blogs is good for my creative juices . It keeps my mind fresh .

Writing connects me with so many like minded writers and that community spirit is full of josh when everybody is pushing each other to complete a writing challenge.

As the month long festival #BlogchatterA2Z is coming towards an end , sometimes my lungs contract and expand  while i write and at other times my heart starts beating faster as if I just came from jogging. That keeps me stronger from inside.

So all in all I write for my emotions , my creativity , keeping myself challenged and enjoy the taste of accomplishment . 


Comments

  1. I write for MYSELF... so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! I used to feel bad when traffic was abysmally low through my blogs initially. Then I would remind myself why I started blogging in the 1st place and all's well then! And you're so right when you say writing is way better than scrolling mindlessly through social media forwards etc ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by and reading and adding to my traffic 😄

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z 2022

I started my blog five years ago and my blogging journey during these five years has gone through many twists and turns . I started my blog on self hosted wordpress site , learnt lot many technical aspects like DA ,  SEO and latram patram .....Blogchatter has been a constant friend ( plus a big support) since then ....I have  successfully participated in  #BlogchatterA2Z three times .....and wrote two ebooks too during the process . All this was quite exciting you know as I got to understand a bit of creative side of writing , made some new blogger friends , and became a proud AUTHOR of two ebooks .  In 2018 my theme was #Astitva where I wrote about various stigmas faced by a woman in our society . In 2019 I wrote under the theme #Prerna where I uploaded  some inspirational posts . In 2020 all my blogposts were related to the life of middle aged women (as that was the time I had just stepped into my forties ) . That was the time I came up with the book 'The Silver Lined Mommy' 

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember how i  had to bear my daughter

Education 5E Model : Which are the most important Es ?

Hi ! My name is Monika and  I am a teacher . I am working in the field of Education or should I say the field of Teaching-Learning for the last 18 years . My Basic educational qualification is Bachelor of Science (Mathematics  & Physics as the main subjects ) followed by Masters in Physics . So I have been teaching these two subjects for the last so many years . I have spent more years teaching Mathematics than Physics . When we talk of Teaching-Learning or Education  , there are many theories and approaches  available. One of them is constructivist approach to learning . It  focuses on the principle that Knowledge must be constructed and not just transmitted. Unlike Traditional approach in the classroom , Constructivist approach focuses that the teacher poses problems and questions for the students . The students themselves try to find the solutions based on their prior learning . All this promotes curiosity and creativity among the students. I have often used the constructivist