Skip to main content

Beat the Stress

 There are some days when I feel low , feel like just to keep lying in the bed , not doing any domestic chores or even go for my daily walk . If i try analyzing myself what is it I am going through , i don't reach any conclusion what exactly is causing me to feel like that . Once it happened that I was feeling so low and depressed and to divert my mind I started watching a movie . That bollywood movie had some emotional scenes to which i somehow connected and my eyes got filled with tears . Within few minutes I observed that i was relaxed now as if some stress was  wiped away with those tears. 

May be my mind was over burdened with stress and I hadn't tried any hacks to beat the stress . May be i had overbusied myself with routine job , family responsinbilities and the 3 meal decisions in the kitchen . 

Stress and Anxiety are  mainly caused when we start living too much for others ignoring ourselves . Focussing on ourselves  is what we need to learn and work on . I even  tend to eat more when i am stressed. 

To beat the stress here are some tips from my side :

1. Care about yourself - be it your time to relax , meeting your friends or taking care of  your food cravings .

2. A little sense of humour helps you detach from your struggles . Watch stand-up comedies , Grab a coffee and stop taking yourself too seriously .

3. There is only one person who can make your life as full as possible , and that's you . Don't expect from others. Trying to change others is foolish . 

4. Don't be over efficient in any work you are asked to perform.

5. Make a habit to devote atleast 5 minutes daily connecting to  the divine power.  

Here I wish to share an infographic which I made last year :

Beat the Stress

I am writing this post as part of #BlogchatterA2Z month long writing festival.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember ho...

Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z 2022

I started my blog five years ago and my blogging journey during these five years has gone through many twists and turns . I started my blog on self hosted wordpress site , learnt lot many technical aspects like DA ,  SEO and latram patram .....Blogchatter has been a constant friend ( plus a big support) since then ....I have  successfully participated in  #BlogchatterA2Z three times .....and wrote two ebooks too during the process . All this was quite exciting you know as I got to understand a bit of creative side of writing , made some new blogger friends , and became a proud AUTHOR of two ebooks .  In 2018 my theme was #Astitva where I wrote about various stigmas faced by a woman in our society . In 2019 I wrote under the theme #Prerna where I uploaded  some inspirational posts . In 2020 all my blogposts were related to the life of middle aged women (as that was the time I had just stepped into my forties ) . That was the time I came up with the book 'The Silv...

Uplift your mood

 My evening today was not good . I was doing all domestic chores in a  burdened way. I tried watching some  movie but it couldn't interest me . One of my colleagues called to intimate me of  some upcoming duty. That further pressurized my bad  mood . I wore my shoes , put on my headphones and got ready for a walk . After walking for around half an hour and listening to old bollywood , my feet took me towards the splash pool where children were enjoying . I removed my shoes and sat there at the edge of the pool dipping my feet into the water. Watching me , one of my friends also came and sat along . Both of us sat for quite  long on the edge of pool - chatting and dabbling our toes in the water. This cooled my mind and uplifted my mood .  You need to find  your own ways to uplift your mood as and when required . Music , Dance ,Good food , Laughing , shopping ,picnic ,  playing any sport you like , painting , talking to someone , chanting a man...