Skip to main content

To My Dad who loves Books and Music #HappyFathersDay

Today is June 21st ,2020. There is a lot happening together on this day . The World is celebrating Father’s Day , International Yoga Day and  World music day too .

Last year in 2019 I wrote #MyDaddyMyWorld . Read if you want .

Today I celebrate #HappyFathersDay2020 with my following words :

 The almirahs full of books are his treasure

His collection includes fiction , non-fiction , classics , autobiographies and motivational

But  short story books are his real love

 That’s  my Dad -A literature person…..

Though only  little trained but he just loves Music

Tabla , Harmonium , Casio , Daphli all are there in our home

His  diaries are full of old Hindi and Punjabi songs, some bhajans too

Bulle Shah , Kabir , or Aaa Neel Gagan Tale

That’s my Dad – a music lover……

my dad

His hugs are still the warmest

Whenever  I am in trouble – a difficult situation or some stress

He would say –Main Baitha Hoon Na !

Suddenly all my worries  just fly away , I don’t know how this magic happens

That’s my Dad- who always keeps my spirits high…….

The angiography couldn’t weaken his heart

He is popular among his friends as a strong and a kind man

Physically, financially or emotionally

Always ready to help others – so much that  he is sometimes even taken advantage of

But he continues by saying –‘May be God wants to fulfill some people’s wishes through me’

That’s my Dad- The jewel of my life…..

Paranthas , Bread Butter , Fruit Cream , Karahi Paneer

Are a few he just can’t resist

Worrying about his cholesterol levels

Mom has to fight to keep him away from creamy things  

But he somehow  manages to nosh a spoonful of  malai

That’s my Dad- a foodaholic……

Nobody is born perfect in this world

But I being his daughter

Love him to the core even with his little imperfections

He is my confidence and my courage

My strength and support

That’s my Dad – The  invaluable love of  my life…..

 

Dads are a precious part of our lives  . Let’s celebrate them !

Wish you all a #HappyFathersDay .

Here’s a small audio of my Dad singing a hindi bhajan . Please listen to it .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember ho...

Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z 2022

I started my blog five years ago and my blogging journey during these five years has gone through many twists and turns . I started my blog on self hosted wordpress site , learnt lot many technical aspects like DA ,  SEO and latram patram .....Blogchatter has been a constant friend ( plus a big support) since then ....I have  successfully participated in  #BlogchatterA2Z three times .....and wrote two ebooks too during the process . All this was quite exciting you know as I got to understand a bit of creative side of writing , made some new blogger friends , and became a proud AUTHOR of two ebooks .  In 2018 my theme was #Astitva where I wrote about various stigmas faced by a woman in our society . In 2019 I wrote under the theme #Prerna where I uploaded  some inspirational posts . In 2020 all my blogposts were related to the life of middle aged women (as that was the time I had just stepped into my forties ) . That was the time I came up with the book 'The Silv...

Uplift your mood

 My evening today was not good . I was doing all domestic chores in a  burdened way. I tried watching some  movie but it couldn't interest me . One of my colleagues called to intimate me of  some upcoming duty. That further pressurized my bad  mood . I wore my shoes , put on my headphones and got ready for a walk . After walking for around half an hour and listening to old bollywood , my feet took me towards the splash pool where children were enjoying . I removed my shoes and sat there at the edge of the pool dipping my feet into the water. Watching me , one of my friends also came and sat along . Both of us sat for quite  long on the edge of pool - chatting and dabbling our toes in the water. This cooled my mind and uplifted my mood .  You need to find  your own ways to uplift your mood as and when required . Music , Dance ,Good food , Laughing , shopping ,picnic ,  playing any sport you like , painting , talking to someone , chanting a man...