Skip to main content

Learning the skill of Networking- Can you also help ?

Love, friendship, networking – these are all critical connections and the foundation of a healthy, happy life.

Networking is very important in professional as well in personal life . At offline level , I won’t say I am  bad at networking but I am not exceptionally  good at it . When it comes to online  networking , I would say I am not good at it . I know I lack online networking skills . It’s not that I am not doing it . I am there on FB, Twitter , Instagram , Pinterest and here also  I  am networking with you all being a  part of month long blogging campaign #BlogchatterA2Z . But still I am not very good at it and I admit that I have never even worked hard for it .

Effective networking isn’t a result of luck – it requires hard work and persistence.

Networking aspects I am bad at , and need to improve upon :

  • Letting the world know

I am blogging for the last three years . But still I find it difficult to post my latest post on my FB profile . I do post it on my page but I don’t know what stops me from posting on my profile . Some hidden feeling that my friends might  say ‘Ye kya likha hai ?‘ or they might just not be interested .

I need to learn the skill of letting the  world know what I am blogging about . Why should fear or anxiety hold me ?

  • Email Marketing

Three years of blogging couldn’t make me start with email marketing . I am yet to learn this skill but there is more need to overcome the inside fear feeling -what special do i have to share with my readers on email ? Few days back I did create a email subscription form on my blog , I did dare to post it on my social media , three people subscribed , but I have not sent any email . The problem is – kya likhun ?

I need to learn the skill of sharing my thoughts and do my part of sharing positivity . That’s what I want to spread through my blog .

  • Ask

As a blogger I may want some guest posts on my blog . I should also make my guest posts appear on other’s blogs . But something stops me from asking . There have been times when people have asked for   something on social media and I too have happily helped . If they can ask , why not me ?

I need to learn the skill of asking . I think people are most of the times willing to help provided i am able to ask clearly and humbly  .

  • Social media stress

At times , rather most of the times , social media stresses me out . Looking constantly at others’ feed and stories – A is celebrating birthday and posting 80 pics in a go; B has written a book and it’s in the top list on Amazon; C has been listed as one of the top influencer ; D is making out money out of online workshops ; E is constantly posting about Corona updates ; all this stresses me out . Then i throw away my phone feeling like deleting all social media apps .

I need to learn the skill of productively follow social media , so as not stressing me out .

  • How can i help ?

Good networking starts with the idea of help . Yes I know this . I am definitely trying my part through my blog – sharing motivational posts for women , recite a poem or a story . But I want to curate some good image content that gets quickly absorbed by readers . This content should be of sure shot help to my friends and readers .

Helpful attitude is a win-win in Networking .

To improve upon my networking skills , I started writing for few women writer websites , but didn’t work hard actually . I recently joined another women network ‘Sheroes’ just to share or ask about anything – art , writing , recipes or singing .

Benefits of Networking

  • It’s a good way of developing good relationships .
  • You get fresh ideas that help you grow .
  • Networking is not just takeaway , it is also giving . You can experience joy of giving .
  • May be some contact out of your network gives you a good opportunity to earn .
  • Good networking means you develop your skills and it boosts your confidence too .
  • Just sharing  feelings on your online network makes you happy . You can share both your happy or frustrating aspects of your life , something which you may find tough  to discuss with your family.
  • A good network of friends answers almost all the questions you have.
  • You can join a network of the hobby you are interested in . I have recently joined a calligraphy group on Facebook and learning slowly .

I mentioned above that I am bad at asking when it comes to  Networking , but let me gather courage and ask for your help today.

As I am writing about Women lifestyle  in April 2020 , I plan to write on  the topic ‘A woman’s Sexuality is Stigmatized ‘ when it comes to post from the letter S . It can become a better post  with your views about the topic . Kindly contribute to my post .

You can just write your views in comments and also write ‘I permit’ if you permit me to include your views in my upcoming blogpost . The other way is that you can directly mail me on meralifestyle.monika@gmail.com

I would look forward to your views . After all good networking is helping each other . Thanks in advance .

 

networking for women

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z 2022

I started my blog five years ago and my blogging journey during these five years has gone through many twists and turns . I started my blog on self hosted wordpress site , learnt lot many technical aspects like DA ,  SEO and latram patram .....Blogchatter has been a constant friend ( plus a big support) since then ....I have  successfully participated in  #BlogchatterA2Z three times .....and wrote two ebooks too during the process . All this was quite exciting you know as I got to understand a bit of creative side of writing , made some new blogger friends , and became a proud AUTHOR of two ebooks .  In 2018 my theme was #Astitva where I wrote about various stigmas faced by a woman in our society . In 2019 I wrote under the theme #Prerna where I uploaded  some inspirational posts . In 2020 all my blogposts were related to the life of middle aged women (as that was the time I had just stepped into my forties ) . That was the time I came up with the book 'The Silver Lined Mommy' 

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember how i  had to bear my daughter

Keep Yourself Alive

 Are you alive ? Are you thankful that you are alive ? I am writing this in some spare  time at my workplace and a few minutes ago I got to know about the sudden death of one of our collleagues  . Always smiling and helpful to all , he was in his early forties . Leaving his family and kids crying  , he just decided to fly away , may be to a happier world ( atleast that's what i wish )  Well ! I never intended to begin with  anything of this sort but today's news has left me disturbed you know .  All i can do is to be thankful that I am alive , hale n hearty . Life is so unpredictable you see but still we all have filled our life with hatred , jealousy , competition, ego , leg-pulling , stress, frustration and what not . You or Me can just disappear in a moment and then ?  Let's simplify our life ....a life which is easy going , happy and filled with love for all . Let's stop rushing ! Let's stop judging others ! Let our ego go off with smiles , hugs and gratitude fo