Skip to main content

7 Tips for a Happy Lifestyle

Before I begin , let me first share with you that I recently changed my blog name . Earlier It was alubhujia.com and after lot many doubts , confusions and brainstorming I have renamed it meralifestyle.com . Hope everything old and new works well ! It may take time for things to run smoothly , but I had to start afresh . So here I am with a fresh happy start .

We all want to be happy. But today’s lifestyle has engulfed us so tight that sometimes it feels that we are not living in the real sense but  just rushing to complete  some tasks  that have been allotted to us . The same monotonous job and its targets  , the pressure of finishing off all the home/family tasks makes us feel like a machine , a non living thing .

A high-tech machine  is able to perform many complex tasks but it can’t feel anything , it can’t smile or laugh . It can neither cry nor be happy . That’s what we have become – a machine .

Don’t you remember how we define a machine ? A machine is a mechanical device used to perform some function with the help of a driving force .

But we don’t want to live a machine life . All  we need is a Happy Lifestyle .

happy lifestyle

Simple tips to follow for a Happy Lifestyle :

  1. Be Honest , Truthful, Loving and Kind 

If you are not truthful  or honest ,if you  keep bad feelings for            others , that is reflected on your personality . But if you help                others in any way ,that comes back to you multiplied.

2. Always keep one or more goals in mind

Life’s goals keep you energized and happy  . Always keep one or more goals in mind and keep working towards them consistently . Put in all your efforts and you’ll find yourself feeling more happy and enthusiastic  at heart.

         3 . Make time for your soul

Meditation , prayers , Naturewalk , going to religious places                  or reading some spiritual books has always proved as  an                       enhancing  factor to keep you happy deep from inside .

The rushing factor will never go away from your life . Tasks won’t finish ever . You have to take out time for your soul .

I read an article by Dr Shivani of Brahmakumaris . She says that inner power has to be developed and you have to take out time for that . You should not give excuses like ‘I don’t have the time’ . Take out time for prayers and meditation , develop your inner strength . As it develops slowly with your consistent efforts , you would be able to see its effects in your family also . You don’t just have to earn and save money for yourself and your family . Love , inner strength , calmness , kindness -such things make you real human and meditation time helps achieve all this.

4. Take very good care of your health and practice self-love

After all , health is wealth . If you have even little fever on some day you feel so low , you don’t feel like eating anything or even talking to anybody . So take care of your health on  priority basis . Have good diet , proper sleep and follow  some fitness mantra . Also Self-love is very important . Take out time for the things you really enjoy . Just don’t keep worrying of others all the time . Remember it is YOU who is most important .

Let me share  here that Travel is my way of self-love.

5. Learn some new skill

Any new skill which interests you makes an important aspect for a happy lifestyle . The skill can be anything –music , dance , cooking/baking , gardening , learning to drive or may be  learning to blog . Even a tiny skill if learnt does make you happy .

6.  Declutter please ! Try to Let Go of certain issues

There’s lot of clutter being accumulated daily in our mind . The behaviour of others contributes as a major factor in it . Why he’s behaving like this , how can he behave like this with me -such things often disturb us . But if you want happiness , you need to learn to let go of such petty issues . Focus on something bigger .

Everything matters but nothing matters much .

7. Enjoy little moments

Happiness is not always in BIG things , it is in the little happy moments we spend with our dear ones .

I remember how we   acted like mad donkeys sometimes in hostel . That used to be the real fun . Remebering those days brings me smile even today .

There are many happy moments in your life which you cherish forever . Open the old albums and there’s a flashback of moments of your life . Watching old pics bring you smiles and sometimes tears too . But those tears too make you feel alive . Don’t they ?

So enjoy the little moments of your life . Spend some time especially with little children . Their innocence , smile and kiddish acts are just wonderful.

My happy moments of love date just before marriage 

Find your own ways to feel Happy  . You may have to work like a machine in routine but let that machine get out of order for sometime .  Grease the machine , recharge yourself  and then again start working .

happy lifestyle

You may become older, there may  appear wrinkles on your face but don’t even fine lines appear on your heart . Don’t forget to laugh out and feel Happy !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z 2022

I started my blog five years ago and my blogging journey during these five years has gone through many twists and turns . I started my blog on self hosted wordpress site , learnt lot many technical aspects like DA ,  SEO and latram patram .....Blogchatter has been a constant friend ( plus a big support) since then ....I have  successfully participated in  #BlogchatterA2Z three times .....and wrote two ebooks too during the process . All this was quite exciting you know as I got to understand a bit of creative side of writing , made some new blogger friends , and became a proud AUTHOR of two ebooks .  In 2018 my theme was #Astitva where I wrote about various stigmas faced by a woman in our society . In 2019 I wrote under the theme #Prerna where I uploaded  some inspirational posts . In 2020 all my blogposts were related to the life of middle aged women (as that was the time I had just stepped into my forties ) . That was the time I came up with the book 'The Silver Lined Mommy' 

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember how i  had to bear my daughter

Keep Yourself Alive

 Are you alive ? Are you thankful that you are alive ? I am writing this in some spare  time at my workplace and a few minutes ago I got to know about the sudden death of one of our collleagues  . Always smiling and helpful to all , he was in his early forties . Leaving his family and kids crying  , he just decided to fly away , may be to a happier world ( atleast that's what i wish )  Well ! I never intended to begin with  anything of this sort but today's news has left me disturbed you know .  All i can do is to be thankful that I am alive , hale n hearty . Life is so unpredictable you see but still we all have filled our life with hatred , jealousy , competition, ego , leg-pulling , stress, frustration and what not . You or Me can just disappear in a moment and then ?  Let's simplify our life ....a life which is easy going , happy and filled with love for all . Let's stop rushing ! Let's stop judging others ! Let our ego go off with smiles , hugs and gratitude fo