Skip to main content

Enjoy Snowfall & Ski at Whakapapa #traveloguenz

The distance from Auckland to Whakapapa is around 350 km and the time it takes is around 4 hours by road .

Whakapapa

Whakapapa is a village and ski field on Mount Ruapehu’s  northern side . The ski area lies within the Tongariro National Park. The National park is known for its volcanoes . Whakapapa Ski Field has a huge range of ski trails, suiting all levels of skiing.

Happy Valley at Whakapapa

The Happy Valley is a wonderful place where people enjoy learning and doing ski at a beginner level . One just can’t stop himself from trying his hands at the fun ski board games . It’s fun stepping on the snow , feel chilled , riding on the board , falling , laughing ,shouting out loud , rubbing hands trying to warm up and then running to the nearest cafe to grab a hot cup of coffee .

whakapapa

I enjoyed at this place with my cousin sis and brother-in-law .

In my entire life I had never experienced the fresh falling of snow . But the Happy Valley brought more happiness when suddenly there started fresh snowfall . And I just can’t tell you how magical those moments became . Just amazing ! What a chilling and fantastic experience it was !

Whakapapa

After enjoying for few hours here , we decided to return from there well in time because it was getting  colder and colder as the day was moving towards night .

My heart just  didn’t want to leave from Whakapapa  but Dil to pagal hai ! We started backwards and we  had already  planned that  night stay  at Turangi .

Turangi

Turangi is a small town on the  banks of a river named Tongariro . The town is well known for trout fishing . We spent a night there and the next day , moving towards Auckland , we were to cover two more destinations : Lake Taupo and Huka Falls.

Lake Taupo

Starting from Turangi , Taupo is around 55 km away . Lake Taupo is one of the largest lakes of New Zealand . It’s such a big lake that I felt like I was walking on a beach . Personally I just loved this place veryyy much . Walking alongside the lake ,with the chilled waves trying to play with me ,and I trying to play with the swans there ,made   an indescribable experience .

Whakapapa

Lake Taupo

Huka Falls

The vast waters of Lake Taupo drain into Huka Falls .The  deep flowing blue water  makes such intense sounds while crossing the huge rocks . One feels shocked and scared too to see this dramatic Huka Falls . Nature is beautiful and stunning . You know what ! About  2 lakh litres of water gushes out  per second at Huka falls .

Whakapapa

At Huka Falls

Huka Falls is a must visit tourist place . The word  ‘Huka’ actually  is the Maori word for ‘foam’, which is appropriate as the rapidly gushing water  resembles foam.

Moving back from Huka Falls , another destination is  Rotorua  .Enjoy reading and stay hooked to #traveloguenz

Read #traveloguenz Devonport

Read  #travelogue SkyTower

Read #traveloguenz Waiheke 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember ho...

Uplift your mood

 My evening today was not good . I was doing all domestic chores in a  burdened way. I tried watching some  movie but it couldn't interest me . One of my colleagues called to intimate me of  some upcoming duty. That further pressurized my bad  mood . I wore my shoes , put on my headphones and got ready for a walk . After walking for around half an hour and listening to old bollywood , my feet took me towards the splash pool where children were enjoying . I removed my shoes and sat there at the edge of the pool dipping my feet into the water. Watching me , one of my friends also came and sat along . Both of us sat for quite  long on the edge of pool - chatting and dabbling our toes in the water. This cooled my mind and uplifted my mood .  You need to find  your own ways to uplift your mood as and when required . Music , Dance ,Good food , Laughing , shopping ,picnic ,  playing any sport you like , painting , talking to someone , chanting a man...

I am getting Older day by day

 I have stopped spending too much money on clothing or accessories......... I have stopped thinking too much about pleasing others....... I have stopped looking daily into the mirror ....... I have stopped cooking those time consuming delicious meals for my family ...... TV doesn't excite me as much now ....... My fingers can't scroll for long on facebook....... I don't feel like keeping longer nails - file or paint them....... Am i getting older day by day ? Travelling, Cycling or small get-togethers; I love to spend money and time  on experiences now...... Only the fitness goals push me to  look into the mirror ..... I am able to overlook others' reactions when it comes to listen to my heart.  I recently denied a loved one's advice because my heart was unable to  accept it..... I cry easily now when i relate to someone's emotions , even watching a movie ...... Am i getting older day by day ?  or  Am i getting freer day by day ?  I wish to be dre...