Skip to main content

Life Lessons from Helen Keller #Prerna #Blogchatter

I happened to read the autobiography of Helen Keller -one of the very influential people of the world .

Helen  Keller was an American activist , born on June 27, 1880 .  She was stricken by a serious  illness that left her blind and deaf, when she was just 19 months old . She struggled a lot but didn’t allow her disabilities become an obstacle in her life . She traveled the world and helped many people with visual impairments . She proved a real example of strength ,hope and happiness in her book -The Story of my Life .

Life lessons  from Helen Keller’s book:-

1. The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision.

How powerful the thought is . If you have eyes but don’t have goals in your mind , you are able to see the world with your sight but don’t know what you want to do on this earth or what you want to become ,then that is worse than just being blind . So one must have a vision for himself and also work towards it diligently .

2. With Courage and Struggle , Nothing is Impossible   

Helen Keller overcame her disabilities  to become one of the great educators  and speakers of the 20th century. She suffered a serious illness in early childhood only which left her deaf and blind .  Her willpower , courage and the   desire to learn were so strong that she conquered all the hurdles Life posed to her .

     3. See beauty in everything

Helen Keller writes in her book- Everything has its own wonders ,even darkness and silence .Being deaf and blind , Helen Keller had to struggle a lot since childhood and  be a victim of people’s critics . But she slowly learnt everything with the help of her teacher Anne Sullivan . Even without eyes , she could see  beauty in everything and remained  content whatever condition she was  in . 
  4.The best and most beautiful things must  be felt with the heart.
It was beautiful to read in the book how the blind girl Helen Keller couldn’t understand what Love meant . She once touched flowers and asked her teacher if the fragrance of flowers was Love . She once asked if the heat of sun meant Love .It took her time to understand that Love meant emotion or feeling . Even in her dark world Helen Keller  best understood the things that can be felt with the heart – Love , Hope , Struggle , Victory   
 5. Try to make the smile on others face , your happinessJoy can also be found in self-forgetfulness . Happiness shouldn’t mean only yourself  being happy . You can find more happiness by helping others or making others happy .
You can listen more about Helen Keller motivation  on soundcloud 

Sending your way lots of happiness and motivation vibes from #Prerna

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z 2022

I started my blog five years ago and my blogging journey during these five years has gone through many twists and turns . I started my blog on self hosted wordpress site , learnt lot many technical aspects like DA ,  SEO and latram patram .....Blogchatter has been a constant friend ( plus a big support) since then ....I have  successfully participated in  #BlogchatterA2Z three times .....and wrote two ebooks too during the process . All this was quite exciting you know as I got to understand a bit of creative side of writing , made some new blogger friends , and became a proud AUTHOR of two ebooks .  In 2018 my theme was #Astitva where I wrote about various stigmas faced by a woman in our society . In 2019 I wrote under the theme #Prerna where I uploaded  some inspirational posts . In 2020 all my blogposts were related to the life of middle aged women (as that was the time I had just stepped into my forties ) . That was the time I came up with the book 'The Silver Lined Mommy' 

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember how i  had to bear my daughter

Education 5E Model : Which are the most important Es ?

Hi ! My name is Monika and  I am a teacher . I am working in the field of Education or should I say the field of Teaching-Learning for the last 18 years . My Basic educational qualification is Bachelor of Science (Mathematics  & Physics as the main subjects ) followed by Masters in Physics . So I have been teaching these two subjects for the last so many years . I have spent more years teaching Mathematics than Physics . When we talk of Teaching-Learning or Education  , there are many theories and approaches  available. One of them is constructivist approach to learning . It  focuses on the principle that Knowledge must be constructed and not just transmitted. Unlike Traditional approach in the classroom , Constructivist approach focuses that the teacher poses problems and questions for the students . The students themselves try to find the solutions based on their prior learning . All this promotes curiosity and creativity among the students. I have often used the constructivist