Skip to main content

At the end , what would you regret the most ?

Life has started  on the forties track . If I sometime go down the memory lane , there are many flashes of happy , sad , crazy or even  tough moments .

I was in class 2nd when we used to go to school in a rickshaw . It was fun , many times getting off the moving rickshaw and then again getting on it with Ramu Bhaiya getting irritated . But I don’t regret that time .

I was in class 10th when we were given farewell party by juniors and rampwalk used to be an essential part of the party . I used to be an idiot when it came to fashion , make-up or style walk . Still  I draped myself in my mother’s magenta saree and did some chaos on the stage. But I don’t regret doing all that funny .

I was doing my PG when we bunked many times , made fun of our professors , used to be busy and happy   dancing , watching horror movies or teasing one another  . When the scholars used to be busy studying in library , we would be busy stealing  the laddoos from someone’s  almirah . But I don’t regret that stealing or bunking the classes .

I had completed my PG and wanted to pursue M.Tech . But  I  immediately got a teaching job and started enjoying the money coming in (to please my shopping desires) ,so I didn’t leave the job and try for my further studies . I do regret not pursuing my higher studies .

Since childhood I never wanted to be a teacher . But I became one . I regret why i didn’t have the courage to drop a year after +2 to prepare for the engineering entrance examinations . Today my teaching job feels like stagnant at times and I regret that stagnation almost daily .

After marriage I came in contact with ISKCON meditation which attracted me . I practiced it for 2-3 years and I was getting better at it day by day but poor determination pulled me back from it . I regret why  I didn’t continue it .

Yesterday is gone , Today is the time to begin. 

I regret the crucial time  when I didn’t work hard for studies . I regret why I didn’t engage in any sports in college . I wanted to learn lawn tennis and swimming but I didn’t take even a step ahead for it.

I don’t regret earning money today but  I think at the end I would regret if not even a little part of my money would come as a  help to others. I don’t regret making myself happy but I think at the end I would regret whether I came on this earth just to enjoy  my life .

At the end I might regret for the bad feelings I kept for others , times when I should have felt sorry but I didn’t . I might regret why I remained over-busy  with daily life chores , why I unnecessarily kept worrying for the future . At the end of life I might have lot of money  but my health might not permit me to fulfill my travel wishes . I would regret then why I kept feeding my bank accounts all my life , and  above all why I didn’t work on  the bigger purpose of life .

“Regrets for the things we did can be tempered by time ; it is regret for the things we didn’t do that is inconsolable “

regret

Think on broader terms of life . What is your age today and how much more time you think you have ?What you should do and what not ? How much you should earn and how much you should help others ? How much  busy you should keep yourself  and how many moments you should enjoy with your dear ones ? How much should you laugh or be angry ? Life is so short . You can’t keep regrets till the end of your life . You should  die happy .

What do you think ? What would you regret at the end of your life ?

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z 2022

I started my blog five years ago and my blogging journey during these five years has gone through many twists and turns . I started my blog on self hosted wordpress site , learnt lot many technical aspects like DA ,  SEO and latram patram .....Blogchatter has been a constant friend ( plus a big support) since then ....I have  successfully participated in  #BlogchatterA2Z three times .....and wrote two ebooks too during the process . All this was quite exciting you know as I got to understand a bit of creative side of writing , made some new blogger friends , and became a proud AUTHOR of two ebooks .  In 2018 my theme was #Astitva where I wrote about various stigmas faced by a woman in our society . In 2019 I wrote under the theme #Prerna where I uploaded  some inspirational posts . In 2020 all my blogposts were related to the life of middle aged women (as that was the time I had just stepped into my forties ) . That was the time I came up with the book 'The Silver Lined Mommy' 

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember how i  had to bear my daughter

Education 5E Model : Which are the most important Es ?

Hi ! My name is Monika and  I am a teacher . I am working in the field of Education or should I say the field of Teaching-Learning for the last 18 years . My Basic educational qualification is Bachelor of Science (Mathematics  & Physics as the main subjects ) followed by Masters in Physics . So I have been teaching these two subjects for the last so many years . I have spent more years teaching Mathematics than Physics . When we talk of Teaching-Learning or Education  , there are many theories and approaches  available. One of them is constructivist approach to learning . It  focuses on the principle that Knowledge must be constructed and not just transmitted. Unlike Traditional approach in the classroom , Constructivist approach focuses that the teacher poses problems and questions for the students . The students themselves try to find the solutions based on their prior learning . All this promotes curiosity and creativity among the students. I have often used the constructivist