Skip to main content

We together celebrate the essence of Womanhood #InternationalWomensDay

Firstly , Wish you all a very happy #InternationalWomensDay

With the arrival of #InternationalWomensDay , there is a marathon of discussions and celebrations on Women . People want to know about history of Women’s day , want to define womanhood , know about feminism and shout out loud especially on social media .

What is womanhood and why this #InternationalWomensDay ?

Women’s day is celebrated globally every year on 8th of March. The day is to mark women’s struggle for equality . Isn’t it strange that even the 21st century couldn’t bring equality in the minds ? Somewhere or the other a balance is still missing  between the two genders.

My mind questions – Why is this gender balance still not up to the mark ? Why women need to struggle against so many challenges ? Why a man doing household chores is seen as odd ? Why is a woman asked not to be out of home when it gets  dark ? Why is a woman advised to make compromises in family ? Many more of such questions bother me . Don’t they bother you ?

Blogger Vinitha Dileep feels bothered to notice when a woman tells that her husband takes care of the baby or that he cooks, it’s usually received with gasps.  He is helping out his family, why the surprise then? Men should be involved in the household chores from washing dishes to doing laundry just like his better-half goes for her work and earns. And he should speak about it without hesitance.

 Vinitha Dileep adds  “Feminism translates to equality. It’s not about  rebelling to show who’s the boss. It is about equal rights when both men and women are working together in all areas. It is about NOT singling out a man or a woman based on their gender”

In the year 2019 the theme for #InternationalWomensDay is #BalanceforBetter , which means we need to restore the gender balance . This can be achieved by  collective efforts of all and not by the voice of few feminists .

Few of us form a team and  join to celebrate together the essence of womanhood , here is what people want to say :-

*Blogger Dr Amrita Misra says on womanhood  :

“Womanhood is a chance to be nature’s most creative part”

*One of my colleagues , an educationist , Ms Anita Khanna , wants to share Shri Gurunanak Dev Ji’s message  that from a woman , a man is born. From a woman , a woman is born . Without a woman , there would be no world at all . She says ” So kyu manda aakhiye jit jamme rajaan ” means why to call a woman bad from whom kings are born ?  I hope all could well understand this  verse .

What powerful messages are given by these women ! Let’s together make some voice and create a new definition of womanhood . By the way why do we want to define it ? I think ” To define is to limit ” . Apart from her biological definition , a woman has so many aspects of her personality – happiness , emotions , love , strengths , courage …..Please stop asking for definitions . Your definitions may put a limit to her strengths .

Celebrate Self-Love . Celebrate  Women’s day everyday.

I am a woman . If you ask me to tell you  more about myself then I would enlist – I am tall ,  beautiful , bold , courageous , well educated and earning well . I am not boasting off …this is how am I . Yes I am beautiful –  Beautiful from inside and I really love my inner self .

There are many people in my life who feel I have been rude to them or I am a woman  with an Attitude . To all those I want to say – If you think so then Yes I am a woman with an Attitude . I have a positive and learning attitude towards life . Don’t judge me by my tone , try to sync with my heart which  always keeps  a helping attitude towards all .  I also try to practice the Gratefulness attitude too for all that I am blessed with . Besides this , my mind has a visionary attitude that tends  to ignore negative people in my life and focus on my own .

I love my attitude towards life . Yes I do .

When I talk of loving my attitude towards life  or loving my inner beauty  , Can’t you feel my #SelfLove  ?

Self-love is very  important . I want to celebrate Women’s day with Self-Love .

[tweetshare tweet=”Be yourself . Love yourself . Feel proud of what you are and never depressed of how others see you . #SelfLove ” username=”sharealubhujia”]

When I asked one of my cousins Deepika Devgan  how she would like Women’s day to be celebrated , this is the deep message she gave in a small sentence  :

“Celebrate womanhood .  No need to celebrate Women’s day “

Seriously , If woman – The Shakti , was treated equal in all respects then there would have been no need of celebration of any particular women’s day . As Blogger Dr Amrita gives the message of educating more and more women and making them financially independent , another blogger Dr Bushra strongly asks for working on root level for empowering women around us and one of my friends Ms Amita Ghai wants that freedom of women is ensured in the real sense – freedom to work , freedom to think and freedom from all those mindless inhibitions created by the society .

 

Another  sweet friend Vartika gives a message to all the women out there “Women ! We have the divine power to bring new soul in this world. We are the pillars of our families, the world of our kids. Never do disservice to yourself, just love yourself as we are the best and most beautiful creation of God.” Read more of her thoughts

Has a woman become empowered ? What’s Women Empowerment actually ?

A woman , rich or poor ,educated or uneducated , earning well or just spending all her life in domestic chores , every woman at some or the other turn in her life feels that empowerment is a Big term which will take many more years to happen in real for women . As Blogger Ms  Mughdaa forcefully says ” Mindsets need to change” & my bird lover friend Navpreet says ” Women empowerment has started as a passenger train . I don’t know when can i expect it to be a bullet train ” Haha that was an interesting answer .

The mindsets of society are so much deep rooted that if a woman speaks up boldly against something she may be termed as idiot . If a woman works till late in the office , many doubtful eyes may follow her . If a woman decides to get a divorce , she may be  judged of an ill character .  Dear society , Please change your mentally ill mindsets . Let a woman just be herself . Let her live her life as she wants . Don’t always try to teach her this or that . Don’t play with her . She’s not your toy .

Blogger Dr Surbhi Prapanna says ” Women Empowerment needs more of a practical approach rather than just discussions ”

Blogger Alpana Deo says ” Every woman is a superwoman in her own . She is the one who motivates others . She is the one who becomes backbone and strength of her family . Salute to every Nari . All should help her being empowered”

 

 

Blogger Aesha Shah  feels the need to educate our sons about gender equality so that a valuable  new generation blossoms .

Women  share their happiness mantras 

I think every one of has devised his/her own happiness mantra , something which lets one calm down , and feel happy even in the stressful times . I asked a team of women to share  their happiness mantras and it was interesting to get to know the different perspectives .

My biggest happiness mantra is ” Just Let it Go . Let TIME heal many of my problems ” Really this mantra works for me . Read about my other self-care mantras .

My blogger friend Ila Verma says ” Do good and good comes back . Spread smiles because it doesn’t need language to decipher happiness ”

 

“Hold your breath .. be patient in any situation and have faith in God. You are not alone till Nature is with you.” so says one of my sweet friends Navpreet Dhiman who loves to fully enjoy her life among birds .
It was exciting to know what other men and women think about women’s day , women empowerment and their secret happiness mantras . Thank you all of you ! Together we empower each other .
I think we all should try to do our bits to make a positive difference in women’s lives – be at home or workplace ,progress in the direction of women empowerment and celebrate the essence of womanhood .
Take steps towards Gender Equality.
Motivate Women.
Help them Grow.
Put a Stop to bias .
Keep your ego away .
Let a woman be herself .
Let her fly . She already has wings stronger than others .
#BalanceforBetter is the theme rightly decided for #InternationalWomensDay 2019 . A Balanced world would be a better world . Men and Women , together we make a beautiful world .
You can strike a pose with your hands out to show the #BalanceforBetter. Say cheers as I pose !women's day
I would love to include this post as a part of #Unapologeticgirlz blogtrain . I feel happy to say that  I , along with 30 other bloggers are celebrating women’s day with a twist . I thank Jasmeet of mommyvoyage.com for introducing me in this blogtrain and I take this opportunity to welcome Radhika of myhomemantra.com. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z 2022

I started my blog five years ago and my blogging journey during these five years has gone through many twists and turns . I started my blog on self hosted wordpress site , learnt lot many technical aspects like DA ,  SEO and latram patram .....Blogchatter has been a constant friend ( plus a big support) since then ....I have  successfully participated in  #BlogchatterA2Z three times .....and wrote two ebooks too during the process . All this was quite exciting you know as I got to understand a bit of creative side of writing , made some new blogger friends , and became a proud AUTHOR of two ebooks .  In 2018 my theme was #Astitva where I wrote about various stigmas faced by a woman in our society . In 2019 I wrote under the theme #Prerna where I uploaded  some inspirational posts . In 2020 all my blogposts were related to the life of middle aged women (as that was the time I had just stepped into my forties ) . That was the time I came up with the book 'The Silver Lined Mommy' 

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember how i  had to bear my daughter

Education 5E Model : Which are the most important Es ?

Hi ! My name is Monika and  I am a teacher . I am working in the field of Education or should I say the field of Teaching-Learning for the last 18 years . My Basic educational qualification is Bachelor of Science (Mathematics  & Physics as the main subjects ) followed by Masters in Physics . So I have been teaching these two subjects for the last so many years . I have spent more years teaching Mathematics than Physics . When we talk of Teaching-Learning or Education  , there are many theories and approaches  available. One of them is constructivist approach to learning . It  focuses on the principle that Knowledge must be constructed and not just transmitted. Unlike Traditional approach in the classroom , Constructivist approach focuses that the teacher poses problems and questions for the students . The students themselves try to find the solutions based on their prior learning . All this promotes curiosity and creativity among the students. I have often used the constructivist