Skip to main content

A Little Bit of Alexa in my life #MyfriendAlexa 2018

My name is Monika and now-a-days there is a song running in my mind all the time , really it vibrates in my head most of  the time whether I am doing some cooking or some other work or may be just lied on bed wanting to sleep. The song is   — A Little bit of Monika in my life ……..I am sure you have listened to it . I don’t remember the full song but just this tagline is enough to shake my head as soon as I am reminded of it .  Now it’s time to corelate the rhythm and make the tagline for the current month of September — A little bit of Alexa in my Life …….Let your heads dance to this !!

Well , as the month of September arrives , it brings along the much awaited blogging campaign #MyFriendAlexa by the team Blogchatter. I am participating in this blogging festival for the second consecutive year and today I am super excited to give it a start . Ready Steady Go……………During the coming few weeks ,there will be lots of reading , writing and sharing . Afterall these are the  things  which define blogging . Isn’t it ? No- No- not just sharing but caring too.

How was my #MyfriendAlexa 2017 journey ? What did I gain ? What did I loose ? Read here 

Coming to #MyfriendAlexa -What’s Alexa Rank  ? Well it is a ranking system by Amazon telling about the amount of traffic on a website or blog . And if it is #MyfriendAlexa , it sure proves out to be a true friend and helps increase your traffic , your readers and you get to find many online friends during  the journey.

What is my theme for #MyfriendAlexa2018 ?

Today all of us seem to have a very complex life . Everybody is busy , there is no time , we are rushing like mad unknowing of where we are heading , almost eighty percent of the time we are working somewhat like automated machines and it often happens that our minds are  running through a fog . We are working but our mind is wandering at home . We are eating food but we don’t enjoy the taste of what we are eating . We are driving but we are not fully alert rather the car or scooter just drives itself . I think we seem to forget living in the present , we seem to bypass   our present little  moments of happiness in the future worries and in the  hope of achieving something Big in life first and then become  happy . We have ourselves made our lives complex . We need to do something . Let’s try doing our bit in this September month .

For the  month long blogging festival  , I have decided a theme in which I would be sharing few thoughts ,  quotes or ideas which can help keeping your life simple and calm . My theme is:   #LetUsKISS . Yes Yes ! You read it right —KISS . But May be you haven’t got the right meaning of KISS here . By the word  KISS , I don’t mean the love , romance ,  or the touch which we give or receive from our loved ones , rather I am talking of the KISS Principle . It’s an acronym for KEEP IT SIMPLE But  SIGNIFICANT .

#LetUsKISS –Let us keep it Simple But Significant

Under #LetUsKISS , I would be sharing few posts with you which can help  in simplifying your life and being calm . After all , we all want to be calm and happy  , and the essence of happiness is Simplicity .

So stay hooked on to my blog  to read my posts under #LetusKISS . Let us keep our lives Simple ,Significant and Calm .

#Myfriendalexa

I am taking my Alexa to the next level with #MyfriendAlexa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z 2022

I started my blog five years ago and my blogging journey during these five years has gone through many twists and turns . I started my blog on self hosted wordpress site , learnt lot many technical aspects like DA ,  SEO and latram patram .....Blogchatter has been a constant friend ( plus a big support) since then ....I have  successfully participated in  #BlogchatterA2Z three times .....and wrote two ebooks too during the process . All this was quite exciting you know as I got to understand a bit of creative side of writing , made some new blogger friends , and became a proud AUTHOR of two ebooks .  In 2018 my theme was #Astitva where I wrote about various stigmas faced by a woman in our society . In 2019 I wrote under the theme #Prerna where I uploaded  some inspirational posts . In 2020 all my blogposts were related to the life of middle aged women (as that was the time I had just stepped into my forties ) . That was the time I came up with the book 'The Silver Lined Mommy' 

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember how i  had to bear my daughter

Keep Yourself Alive

 Are you alive ? Are you thankful that you are alive ? I am writing this in some spare  time at my workplace and a few minutes ago I got to know about the sudden death of one of our collleagues  . Always smiling and helpful to all , he was in his early forties . Leaving his family and kids crying  , he just decided to fly away , may be to a happier world ( atleast that's what i wish )  Well ! I never intended to begin with  anything of this sort but today's news has left me disturbed you know .  All i can do is to be thankful that I am alive , hale n hearty . Life is so unpredictable you see but still we all have filled our life with hatred , jealousy , competition, ego , leg-pulling , stress, frustration and what not . You or Me can just disappear in a moment and then ?  Let's simplify our life ....a life which is easy going , happy and filled with love for all . Let's stop rushing ! Let's stop judging others ! Let our ego go off with smiles , hugs and gratitude fo