Skip to main content

How #BlogchatterEbookCarnival changed my life ? Things to keep in mind while writing a book

With #BlogchatterEbook blogchain going on , I take on the baton of Blogchatter Ebook Carnival from Anami whose ebook‘Bodyweight Workouts: A Fun Way To Exercise’ is also a part of the mix. About Anami’s ebook: This book is a compilation of few Bodyweight Workouts you can do at your home. These do not require any equipment. It is written for the A to Z Challenge 2018. It is a great way to exercise for those who get bored easily. Try them and you will love them.

My experience with #BlogchatterEbookCarnival  

Blog chatter EbookCarnival is one of  the best things that happened in my life and I am very glad and thankful that I became a part of it . Right from the day I started my blog , I had a subconscious desire of writing an Ebook . And #BlogchatterA2Z challenge and then #BlogchatterEbookCarnival made my dream come true . The step-by-step instructions , motivation and support of the team just didn’t let me feel tired and I could complete my journey to reach the destination of being known as an author .  Today I proudly call myself the author of Astitva – A Woman’s journey from existence to empowerment .

You know , the journey is even more beautiful than the destination  . No doubt , I am delighted by the shine of my name on the cover of a book but all through the journey , I enjoyed learning many new  things which somehow have brought a change in my life .  My book may not be a bestseller but I am sure it has the power to impact atleast a  few .  I can’t say that the journey was very easy . It was a brainstorming task deciding a theme and the subtopics , It took many nights drinking coffee writing tales about the common women , I was shaken many times as I researched more about the crimes the women across the globe suffer , I did run out of ideas many times , I didn’t like my drafts sometimes , But I kept determined to finish the task . Today If I look back , I myself feel surprised at my abilities and  how I managed my time to pursue the month long blogging challenge . Read my journey of becoming an author .

Things I kept in mind while writing a book 

1.  Write,  Write and Write . Write just anywhere , whenever you get any idea .  I wrote any points or outline of my topic  which came to my mind whether I was in kitchen or travelling in a bus or just anywhere . Making good content out of those points became easy .

2. Write something you feel passionate about . I do feel strong about the age-old customs and crimes which suppress the dignity of a woman . So I really wanted to write about women . So my theme  about women and women empowerment automatically helped me keep awake till late nights and keep working on the keyboard .

3.  Break the project into small pieces . I first decided the theme of Women . Then I decided the theme name Astitva  . Then I decided the headings because I wanted to write A to Z about a woman . In the rough draft , I wrote all the words that came into my mind starting from every letter . For example from the letter M , Motherhood , marriage , Menstruation were the words that came into my mind but finally I picked Menstruation to write from M .

4. Time management is the key to success . The whole book can’t be written without effective time management. You have to plan  the topics well in advance , you have to devote separate time for writing , for researching and for designing too . One step at a time will definitely take you to the top of the ladder . Even after my manuscript was ready , I devoted many days specifically to reading the content again and again to get rid of any  grammatical errors or to include more suitable words highlighting the subject .

5. Self – doubt might be there but Tell what you think . These are your views which you want to share with your readers . Every person has the right to think different . While  I was re-reading  my content , I doubted if my write-up was too harsh at some places , I  did think initially of giving it a soft shape but I decided to keep it as it was , because this was the way I felt . Bold or Harsh , this was it . I am ready for appreciation or critics .

https://www.theblogchatter.com/download/astitva-a-womans-journey-from-existence-to-empowerment-by-monika/

How writing a book changed my life ?

1.  Hard work always pays . It feels overwhelming to be known as an author of an Ebook. I feel happy when some friends call me as Mr Author  or Writer or few  address me  by the name of myblog – Alubhujia

2. I could challenge myself and came to know that it’s all in the mind . If I determined my mind to do a task , I really could do it . “If you think you can then you really can .”

3. I got to interact with the #Blogchatter team and a huge community of bloggers who were always a great help and motivation in the Ebook journey . And they still are . Thankyou so much dear friends .

4. Participating in A2Z challenge and then Ebook Carnival where I wrote about women only , is slowly helping me decide my blog niche .

5. Participating in #BlogchatterEbook Carnival gave me access to so many Ebooks by different authors on different subjects –like feminism , blogging , cooking , fitness , spirituality and what not . I am going to read as many as possible , one by one . Anything in life – be it learning or success or any little thing , has to be done one step at a time . Change happens one step at a time  . Don’t stop and keep climbing  one step at a time and you would reach to the top for sure .

Finally I would once again  say they #Blogcahtter Ebook Carnival has brought a change in my life . From now only , I am waiting for the next Ebook Carnival .

With this ,  I pass on the Baton of Blogchatter Ebook Carnival to Dr. Amrita whose ebook ‘7 Blogging Challenges for a Successful Blog’ is also part of the mix.  Blogging in India is still an unstructured game. But a few stepping stones will make your life easier. These seven Blogging challenges(plus a few extra tips) will help you create a successful Blog without losing your hair! So go and read on !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z 2022

I started my blog five years ago and my blogging journey during these five years has gone through many twists and turns . I started my blog on self hosted wordpress site , learnt lot many technical aspects like DA ,  SEO and latram patram .....Blogchatter has been a constant friend ( plus a big support) since then ....I have  successfully participated in  #BlogchatterA2Z three times .....and wrote two ebooks too during the process . All this was quite exciting you know as I got to understand a bit of creative side of writing , made some new blogger friends , and became a proud AUTHOR of two ebooks .  In 2018 my theme was #Astitva where I wrote about various stigmas faced by a woman in our society . In 2019 I wrote under the theme #Prerna where I uploaded  some inspirational posts . In 2020 all my blogposts were related to the life of middle aged women (as that was the time I had just stepped into my forties ) . That was the time I came up with the book 'The Silver Lined Mommy' 

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember how i  had to bear my daughter

Keep Yourself Alive

 Are you alive ? Are you thankful that you are alive ? I am writing this in some spare  time at my workplace and a few minutes ago I got to know about the sudden death of one of our collleagues  . Always smiling and helpful to all , he was in his early forties . Leaving his family and kids crying  , he just decided to fly away , may be to a happier world ( atleast that's what i wish )  Well ! I never intended to begin with  anything of this sort but today's news has left me disturbed you know .  All i can do is to be thankful that I am alive , hale n hearty . Life is so unpredictable you see but still we all have filled our life with hatred , jealousy , competition, ego , leg-pulling , stress, frustration and what not . You or Me can just disappear in a moment and then ?  Let's simplify our life ....a life which is easy going , happy and filled with love for all . Let's stop rushing ! Let's stop judging others ! Let our ego go off with smiles , hugs and gratitude fo