Skip to main content

#Zulmat-The obscurities faced by HER #BlogchatterA2Z #Astitva

Z stands for  Zulmat . It is an urdu word , meaning darkness or obscurity .

The dark attitude towards a girl starts from her birth itself . Born is not a girl, born is just a child , but she is transformed into a girl by instilling many hard facts and fears in her mind .  Girls speak slowly , girls must  learn cooking , good girls don’t go outside the home at night , good girls dress up properly , girls have to make compromises in their lives after marriage , so all such things are instilled and a child is transformed into a girl and then starts the dark attitude of the surroundings .  Every woman faces many biases and obscurities in her life and is still asked to remain quiet as if it’s part of her beauty package .

I have written about many of the obscurities faced by women – Abuse / Bride Burning/ Violence/ Sexual assault / Foeticide and many others . The question is why a woman of 21st century is still caged in these obscurities ? When will the clouds of Zulmat fade away ?

Almost daily a woman or a girl becomes a victim of some kind of violence or assault . A girl was just travelling in a bus when she was brutally raped . A girl was acid burnt just because she refused a man’s marriage proposal . A bride was burnt because she didn’t  bring huge dowry . A woman had to face domestic violence  just because she couldn’t produce a son . The girl Malala was shot by Taliban because she dared to  raise her voice for girl education . The woman petitioner Shayara was mentally tortured because she was against the Triple talaq muslim law . Even a woman social worker was raped when she protested child marriage in her village . The cases  of such obscurities the women go through , are unlimited . Why such a dark attitude towards Her ? Why the patriarchal society haunts Her life ? Almost any side you roll your eyes you can see gender indifferences . Today we are living in the 21st century-the Modern Society , but only the dressing style is modern, nobody knows that a devil is hidden behind . That devil could be the culprit who actually commits a physical crime or that devil could be the mentally sick psychology which sees woman as an object to be forced upon .

The woman , who lives her life for others , the figure of love , the creator of life on the planet , has to face Zulmat of the society . There are number of examples of women who have risen out of the many obscurities. Mary Kom  – the five time boxing champion , rose out of the obscurity that a woman can’t continue with her passion after marriage and kids . Mithali Raj -Tendulkar of Indian Women’s cricket fought the societal obscurities and the team  made it  to the world cup  finals .

Women ! you have to rise out of these obscurities , you have to conquer this darkness around , You  are a light ,  don’t  be afraid  to sparkle !

Obscurities

“Main Fitrat-e Misbah hun , zulmat ke andheron se kaho kahin aur jake basera karen ” 

Misbah means light or lamp . So the phrase means “I am the Light ,  ask the the clouds of darkness  to go away .” 

I am happy that I have reached  the end  of my series #Astitva as part of the #BlogchatterA2Z . It was my first A2Z challenge and initially I was in doubt if I would be able to complete this challenge . Ofcourse the thinking process started much in advance but  from the day I revealed my theme , I have really lived this challenge . Thinking all the time of my next alphabet to write on , what fiction part to be included or what message to be given to the society or doing research on the topic , all this has become memorable . The feeling “Yes ! I have done it ” is the most satisfying . I am thankful to #Blogchatter community and all my readers who have been with me in this journey .  Hope to keep receiving your love and wishes in the future too . Bieeeeee

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z 2022

I started my blog five years ago and my blogging journey during these five years has gone through many twists and turns . I started my blog on self hosted wordpress site , learnt lot many technical aspects like DA ,  SEO and latram patram .....Blogchatter has been a constant friend ( plus a big support) since then ....I have  successfully participated in  #BlogchatterA2Z three times .....and wrote two ebooks too during the process . All this was quite exciting you know as I got to understand a bit of creative side of writing , made some new blogger friends , and became a proud AUTHOR of two ebooks .  In 2018 my theme was #Astitva where I wrote about various stigmas faced by a woman in our society . In 2019 I wrote under the theme #Prerna where I uploaded  some inspirational posts . In 2020 all my blogposts were related to the life of middle aged women (as that was the time I had just stepped into my forties ) . That was the time I came up with the book 'The Silver Lined Mommy' 

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember how i  had to bear my daughter

Keep Yourself Alive

 Are you alive ? Are you thankful that you are alive ? I am writing this in some spare  time at my workplace and a few minutes ago I got to know about the sudden death of one of our collleagues  . Always smiling and helpful to all , he was in his early forties . Leaving his family and kids crying  , he just decided to fly away , may be to a happier world ( atleast that's what i wish )  Well ! I never intended to begin with  anything of this sort but today's news has left me disturbed you know .  All i can do is to be thankful that I am alive , hale n hearty . Life is so unpredictable you see but still we all have filled our life with hatred , jealousy , competition, ego , leg-pulling , stress, frustration and what not . You or Me can just disappear in a moment and then ?  Let's simplify our life ....a life which is easy going , happy and filled with love for all . Let's stop rushing ! Let's stop judging others ! Let our ego go off with smiles , hugs and gratitude fo