Skip to main content

#Nuptial Knot - Sometimes the bond becomes bondage #BlogchatterA2Z

 

N stands for Nuptial Knot

Nuptial Knot relates to marriage when a boy and a girl are united together by a Knot , in the hope that this Knot creates a love bond between them and unites them for lifetime . They share their happiness , sorrows , ups and downs equally .

A girl’s marriage story

Hi , My name is Priya . I am a single child of my father . I am writing it as only father because God took away my mother when I  was very small . I am thirty five years old now and working as a teacher in a school . I would take you to my past first and then bring you to my present ,  and then would ask you to suggest about my future too .

As I told you , I was a single child of my father. I have always been a dark looking girl but my friends said I had a bright intellect . Since childhood , I had love of reading  and writing , writing  short stories was my passion and I still have a diary full of my penned stories . Unlike other girls who start dreaming of tying Nuptial Knot just after they cross the age of twenty , I was still studying at the age of thirty , part time earning also and taking care of myself and my father . Depression had slowly started engulfing my father since the day Mom went up in the sky and  thereafter he started turning as a weak person , both physically and emotionally . My father did try for my marriage but I feel ,not whole heartedly. The exact reason I don’t know but may be because he was emotionally weak and felt over possessive for me or was he worried about the recurring family expenditure his daughter was bearing . Many matrimonials were rejected for one or the other reason . I also had almost stopped thinking of marriage as I had enrolled myself for  research work in the university along with my job. The subject of psychology interested me and I loved spending time with people , listening to their life problems , their  happy and sad moments .

In 3 years of my research work , I had gathered enough data which exemplified many theories of psychology when one day I met Prakash in the library . He was a polio patient and was searching for some books  .I got a chance again for my research work . Talking to him , I came to know that he had also joined research work in the university campus . It was his first day as a research fellow in the theatre department – the world of acting ! We talked  and the facts added to my psychology research how a  polio child whose all family was illiterate strived to enter university for doctorate. What kind of bond developed in the first meeting that it started becoming daily affair . The canteen meetings or together watching plays in his department or the occasional exchange of gifts , all these acted as emotional drivers . Our discussions about our researches moved ahead to discuss about our future life  too . My brain did interrupt me about my future life partner being a polio patient but heart questioned how did this act as a defect in his intellect ? My brain did interrupt me about adjusting in an illiterate family but my heart again said the opposite . I don’t know what bond had got created between us .

Finally we tied the Nuptial Knot .  But within two months of marriage , I could feel a different psychology theory coming into limelight . Was the Nuptial  Knot not tied tightly ?  The  love bond  seemed diminishing day by day . I was expected to do all the family expenditure along with the mandatory house chores . His illiterate family and my research mind couldn’t synchronize .  His ego , arrogance and  focussing only on himself started disturbing me and  Handling his attitude all the time started pressurizing me . I felt intense pressure when he  didn’t comfort me even when I met with an accident .

It has been two years and I am still handling this pressure . Where is that original love bond lost ? Has the bond turned into bondage ?  I am brainstorming to find that person’s psychology who avoids any responsibilities , just focusses on himself , wants you to act like a puppet , lacks empathy for feelings of others . I am unable to come to any conclusion . Am I bad at my psychology research work or He is good enough  at his Theatre research work ?

Nuptial knot

My thoughts on Nuptial Knot 

The Nuptial Knot , the uniting of two souls should be actually uniting of two souls . The bond should be as to love together , laugh together , cry together . When one wants , the other gives. When one shouts , the other listens . When one is going through a bad phase , the other stands like a rock beside . There should me no words  I or My or Mine . Only We or Us sound good . Let the Nuptial Knot bring Nuptial Bliss.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z 2022

I started my blog five years ago and my blogging journey during these five years has gone through many twists and turns . I started my blog on self hosted wordpress site , learnt lot many technical aspects like DA ,  SEO and latram patram .....Blogchatter has been a constant friend ( plus a big support) since then ....I have  successfully participated in  #BlogchatterA2Z three times .....and wrote two ebooks too during the process . All this was quite exciting you know as I got to understand a bit of creative side of writing , made some new blogger friends , and became a proud AUTHOR of two ebooks .  In 2018 my theme was #Astitva where I wrote about various stigmas faced by a woman in our society . In 2019 I wrote under the theme #Prerna where I uploaded  some inspirational posts . In 2020 all my blogposts were related to the life of middle aged women (as that was the time I had just stepped into my forties ) . That was the time I came up with the book 'The Silver Lined Mommy' 

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember how i  had to bear my daughter

Keep Yourself Alive

 Are you alive ? Are you thankful that you are alive ? I am writing this in some spare  time at my workplace and a few minutes ago I got to know about the sudden death of one of our collleagues  . Always smiling and helpful to all , he was in his early forties . Leaving his family and kids crying  , he just decided to fly away , may be to a happier world ( atleast that's what i wish )  Well ! I never intended to begin with  anything of this sort but today's news has left me disturbed you know .  All i can do is to be thankful that I am alive , hale n hearty . Life is so unpredictable you see but still we all have filled our life with hatred , jealousy , competition, ego , leg-pulling , stress, frustration and what not . You or Me can just disappear in a moment and then ?  Let's simplify our life ....a life which is easy going , happy and filled with love for all . Let's stop rushing ! Let's stop judging others ! Let our ego go off with smiles , hugs and gratitude fo