Skip to main content

What are the 5 Factors Controlling your Life ? How can you exercise FASTING & SELF-CONTROL ?

What are the 5 factors  Controlling your life ?

In simple language , What are the 5 things you can’t live without ?

Someone asked me this question and my reflexive  nerves ( which were bychance in a cool mood ) gave a quick answer –  Roti , Kapda and Wifi  . Hehe ! This is today’s tagline .  But then I was asked to give a thoughtful answer that Are there seriously few things I can’t live without ?  What are those things ? Do  those things complete  my living or Have I just given them unnecessary  VIP importance in my life?

My mind started pondering over  and I analyzed my daily routine from morning till the time I go to bed . What are the  things which I find difficult to abstain from . Are these  things the controlling factors of my life ?  Do I want to reduce their control on my life ?  My brain and heart both said YES . But How ? This HOW part is difficult  . Before I can actually start to exercise  a control over the factors ,  let me write those  firstly . May be writing provides some kind of progress in the direction of abstaining ,  Self-Control and discipline .

Fasting

 

Recently I had read an article on SELF-CONTROL and FASTING . Actually  whenever we come across the word FASTING , our mind immediately thinks of abstaining from food .  What ?  FASTING ?? No No I can’t remain hungry . And what’s the need to remain hungry ?   Is it because of some spiritual reason ? But God  wouldn’t want his children to  suffer from hunger . Well these are the quick responses to FASTING . But FASTING is ultimately about SELF-CONTROL . It’s a way of disciplining your life .  It is the removal of one  controlling factor  of  our life for a period of time . It’s a way of removing one negative from your life and adding one positive .

 

Apart from food and water , here goes my list of the    5  factors controlling   my life :–

1. Early morning sleep

O My God , I love my early morning sleep so much that I can’t tell you. I have not been able to ever  get up early  , although I tried many times  . I  set  many morning alarms in my phone , but  the lazy sleepy brain doesn’t feel lazy   to quickly mute it and again go back to the dreams .  This is continuing from the last many years . You know I often listen to religious talks and shows which highlight the importance of praying in AmritVela, the early morning hours . I do want to practice that but my fatty lazy brain obstructs . Go away you lazy !

2. Tea /Coffee

My mind and body start acting psychologically paralysed if I don’t have  tea (milk tea) or coffee twice a day . Is it so necessary ? Does my tummy really have hunger for it or it is just to overcome boredom ? May be both , with the latter factor on the higher side . Should I practice FASTING from caffeinated  drinks ?

3. Social Media

Am I addicted to social media ?  Are you also ? Aren’t we all ?  Even in office hours , getting even 10 minutes free time  urges the fingers to quickly scroll through and  read few jokes , answer some goodmornings on whatsapp , post a facebook status or boast by sharing   a video.  Do I really need to update my life daily to the world or peek into the lives of others ? Why ? Can’t I live without social media ? It would be a great SELF -CONTROL if I can practice FASTING from SOCIAL MEDIA  . May be I can start with just one day a week .

You know , two months back , when we went to Kerala , my phone also  dared to enjoy the cool waves at the beach and ALL GONE !  It came as a jhutka  at first but I just didn’t buy a new phone for a whole month . I remained without whatsapp, facebook , etc . The only urge my fingers could have was to play snake game as I had put my Sim in the old Nokia 1100 with no back cover . Few of my friends laughed while assembling it  again everytime it fell down .  Whatever was the scene , But Believe me my mind was so relaxed and cool in those days .  I could focus on some other enriching things like reading or listening music .  The Social Media FASTING  rejuvenated me . When next  will I be able to FAST from SOCIAL MEDIA ?

Scientific points about fasting from food 

4. T.V

I don’t watch much of television . No serials in routine .  I love watching good movie occasionally . But It’s not that it is able to rest.  Whether I sit in front of the box or not but its noise is a controlling factor of our life . Few days back our tatasky account got deactivated and I could notice the boredom and irritation  in my daughter’s behaviour . Coming to me again and again , she was pleading to recharge the account . Finally after one whole day , it had to be settled on a barter system when she made ginger tea for me and I recharged the tatasky account . So Isn’t television controlling our life ? Can’t we  exercise FASTING from television ?

5. Buying Stuff

The exciting word is Shopping but what is Shopping ? Just buying Stuff which I may not even need . After every few days I am provoked for buying the things , may be by watching an advertisement or seeing my friend wear a designer kurti or I just want to upgrade my appliance . Consumerism is being encouraged and we end up cluttering . Can  I practice FASTING from BUYING for few days ?

These are the things which may not be my needs but these are controlling my life directly or indirectly . They are  the Wants  and I have got too much accustomed to having them in my routine life .  I want to slowly start to practice FASTING from these  ,  not permanently but may be for a period of time .   So that these 5 factors don’t get  the  authority to overpower my life .

Let me exercise  SELF -CONTROL by FASTING . Every small step will count .

This article is written as a part of #Superbloggerchallenge2018 conducted by healthwealthbridge.com, Fashionablefoodz.com , allaboutthewoman.com and it should not be repurposed, republished or used otherwise. The content is owned by the blogger and Superbloggerchallenge2018 is not responsible for any kind of infringement caused.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z 2022

I started my blog five years ago and my blogging journey during these five years has gone through many twists and turns . I started my blog on self hosted wordpress site , learnt lot many technical aspects like DA ,  SEO and latram patram .....Blogchatter has been a constant friend ( plus a big support) since then ....I have  successfully participated in  #BlogchatterA2Z three times .....and wrote two ebooks too during the process . All this was quite exciting you know as I got to understand a bit of creative side of writing , made some new blogger friends , and became a proud AUTHOR of two ebooks .  In 2018 my theme was #Astitva where I wrote about various stigmas faced by a woman in our society . In 2019 I wrote under the theme #Prerna where I uploaded  some inspirational posts . In 2020 all my blogposts were related to the life of middle aged women (as that was the time I had just stepped into my forties ) . That was the time I came up with the book 'The Silver Lined Mommy' 

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember how i  had to bear my daughter

Education 5E Model : Which are the most important Es ?

Hi ! My name is Monika and  I am a teacher . I am working in the field of Education or should I say the field of Teaching-Learning for the last 18 years . My Basic educational qualification is Bachelor of Science (Mathematics  & Physics as the main subjects ) followed by Masters in Physics . So I have been teaching these two subjects for the last so many years . I have spent more years teaching Mathematics than Physics . When we talk of Teaching-Learning or Education  , there are many theories and approaches  available. One of them is constructivist approach to learning . It  focuses on the principle that Knowledge must be constructed and not just transmitted. Unlike Traditional approach in the classroom , Constructivist approach focuses that the teacher poses problems and questions for the students . The students themselves try to find the solutions based on their prior learning . All this promotes curiosity and creativity among the students. I have often used the constructivist