Skip to main content

Weight Loss Tips that shifted me from XXL to XL

Updated on June 28, 2020

Weight-loss is something that can be heard being discussed in almost every group of women. Someone has gained kilos , someone inches . Someone’s thighs have become heavy and someone’s tummy is bulging front outward. Well ! I want to share my weight-loss story today which helped me  reduce from XXL to XL

After my pregnancy I  gained too much of weight . My daughter in my tummy had  rewarded me an additional weight of 22 kg ( Ugh that’s too much but you know I was on complete bedrest for all those months )

weight-loss

Actually I was never a slim-n-sleek kind of girl . Even before pregnancy I weighed 67 kg which increased to 89 kg by 9th month of pregnancy.  Within 2-3 years of my daughter’s birth , my body  shed away 10 kg  without much effort, just by the  routine job exertion . And then my weight stood still around 79 kg  and the needle of the weighing  machine  just didn’t seem to be in a mood to displace much .  Most of the dresses had to be loosened and I had to  gift away some of my favorite dresses to my younger cousins  . I still remember the red pure Georgette salwar suit with golden work on it.

I wanted to lose weight . The word ‘Weight-loss’  started  disturbing my mind . And then one day I don’t know how I made up my mind to start my weight-loss journey  . Some deep hidden  desire and my  willpower motivated me to start working in this direction.

 

3 Simple Tips which helped me in Weight-Loss

weight-loss

1. Brisk Walk

I started initially with 30 minutes brisk evening walk which I slowly increased to 40 min and then to 55 min. Walking really helps you a lot . From the very first day I started feeling light and energized . And it has to be on regular basis . No excuses !!And yes , I truly did it on regular basis . My knees don’t allow me for jogging , so I chose brisk walk as one of the best health routine choices .

What Benefits I achieved by Walking ?

2. Skipping

I started rope  skipping with initially just 20  jumps . Even that much used to tire me a lot . But slowly when you maintain consistency your body adapts to anything new . I  was able to do a larger number of jumps within few days of practice .

weight-loss

You can set a daily target in your mind let’s say of 100 skips . So try to complete it on regular basis . If you are able to do just 20 jumps  in one go , then complete your target in 5 intervals with in-between rests of 2 -3 min each . And finish your skipping target at any convenient time you have . This flexibility makes things convenient . But do huff -hufff yourself with the  daily skipping routine .

Skipping burns lot many calories and is one of the best cardio .

 

3. Little change in Diet

I am basically a Punjabi girl and we love Paranthas . But my desire to lose weight was strong and I shifted to oats and cornflakes replacing Paranthas in my breakfast  .

Make spicy veggies oats and it’s really tasty and does fulfill your hunger . But I kept Sundays as cheat days and used to pamper my tummy with stuffed Paranthas ( alu or gobhi )with fresh home made white butter .

You can make changes in your diet according to your body and lifestyle . But remember the basic principle – Less Carbohydrates and More Protein .

I made some changes in my dinner too . I kept it  only to dal , sabji and salad . No Carbohydrates after evening .If just dal or salad doesn’t satisfy you , you can again have a bowl of oats or make poha for yourself .

Well these were the main tips which I followed that helped me reduce kilograms as well inches off my body .

Weight-loss may be a slow process but Quitting is not going to speed it up !

https://meralifestyle.com/en/2019/02/09/tri-combo-fitness-routine/

Here’s about Fitness for Women over 40

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z 2022

I started my blog five years ago and my blogging journey during these five years has gone through many twists and turns . I started my blog on self hosted wordpress site , learnt lot many technical aspects like DA ,  SEO and latram patram .....Blogchatter has been a constant friend ( plus a big support) since then ....I have  successfully participated in  #BlogchatterA2Z three times .....and wrote two ebooks too during the process . All this was quite exciting you know as I got to understand a bit of creative side of writing , made some new blogger friends , and became a proud AUTHOR of two ebooks .  In 2018 my theme was #Astitva where I wrote about various stigmas faced by a woman in our society . In 2019 I wrote under the theme #Prerna where I uploaded  some inspirational posts . In 2020 all my blogposts were related to the life of middle aged women (as that was the time I had just stepped into my forties ) . That was the time I came up with the book 'The Silver Lined Mommy' 

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember how i  had to bear my daughter

Keep Yourself Alive

 Are you alive ? Are you thankful that you are alive ? I am writing this in some spare  time at my workplace and a few minutes ago I got to know about the sudden death of one of our collleagues  . Always smiling and helpful to all , he was in his early forties . Leaving his family and kids crying  , he just decided to fly away , may be to a happier world ( atleast that's what i wish )  Well ! I never intended to begin with  anything of this sort but today's news has left me disturbed you know .  All i can do is to be thankful that I am alive , hale n hearty . Life is so unpredictable you see but still we all have filled our life with hatred , jealousy , competition, ego , leg-pulling , stress, frustration and what not . You or Me can just disappear in a moment and then ?  Let's simplify our life ....a life which is easy going , happy and filled with love for all . Let's stop rushing ! Let's stop judging others ! Let our ego go off with smiles , hugs and gratitude fo