Skip to main content

#Book Review: Little Maryam by Hamid Baig

The Plot

Saadiq is   a  professor at Stanford University  who is better known now as Einstein of 21st century .From the  memories of Saadiq’s   childhood , the best memories are of times spent with Little Maryam .  He played with her , cared for her , shared many emotions with her  , especially near the huge banyan tree .

Maryam LittleWhen  the emotional  friendship bond was slowly getting converted to love just then   the   circumstances change , Saadiq and Maryam had to move apart . Saadiq traverses the journey from just being a gardener’s son to a professor at University who  even gets awarded with a nobel prize. One day when he  receives a phone call  from India , he leaves all his duties and responsibilities immediately and hurriedly boards a flight.  He finds his childhood love Maryam having met with an accident .  The accident leaves her  brain empty of many past memories . But Saadiq’s heart beats romantic again when he notices  the extraordinary meteorite ring made by Saadiq adorned by Maryam’s  finger. The love is energized again  , the childhood soulmates  decide to reunite and they get married .   Once again the destiny poses complexity when a phonecall comes from a man named Salman who claims to be Maryam’s husband . Saadiq has to enquire a lot  to  confirm about Salman and when clouds of doubt start disappearing , he comes to know of Sania , daughter of Maryam . Now you have to read on to find what twist  the fate of   Saadiq and Maryam takes . Its a beautiful and emotional read afterwards how Saadiq embraces Maryam’s heart  forever , eternally .

My thoughts after reading the book

Its a lovely emotional love story . The author has depicted the feelings of love,intimacy , passion, envy , sacrifice so beautifully . The second part of the book is so  gripping  that  I just couldn’t get up before  knowing the end of the heart rendering love story  .  The debut author Hamid Baig has wonderfully narrated the heart of Saadiq which limitlessly loves Maryam . The part when  the novel emerges with Maryam’s daughter came so much  alive in front of my eyes   that  my heart pumped faster and I could feel the storyline in my tears too .   Overall I would say that it’s an eternal love story .

Those few  words from the book which made a special place in my heart :-

*We , as human beings are the only ones with the power to help or hurt ourselves or others .

*Not every man with a heart is understanding , not every man with ears is a listener .

*We can’t fear dictate our lives.

At the end I must say that I really enjoyed the novel and if you too  love UNCONDITIONAL  LOVE then it’s a very good pick for you .

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember ho...

Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z 2022

I started my blog five years ago and my blogging journey during these five years has gone through many twists and turns . I started my blog on self hosted wordpress site , learnt lot many technical aspects like DA ,  SEO and latram patram .....Blogchatter has been a constant friend ( plus a big support) since then ....I have  successfully participated in  #BlogchatterA2Z three times .....and wrote two ebooks too during the process . All this was quite exciting you know as I got to understand a bit of creative side of writing , made some new blogger friends , and became a proud AUTHOR of two ebooks .  In 2018 my theme was #Astitva where I wrote about various stigmas faced by a woman in our society . In 2019 I wrote under the theme #Prerna where I uploaded  some inspirational posts . In 2020 all my blogposts were related to the life of middle aged women (as that was the time I had just stepped into my forties ) . That was the time I came up with the book 'The Silv...

Uplift your mood

 My evening today was not good . I was doing all domestic chores in a  burdened way. I tried watching some  movie but it couldn't interest me . One of my colleagues called to intimate me of  some upcoming duty. That further pressurized my bad  mood . I wore my shoes , put on my headphones and got ready for a walk . After walking for around half an hour and listening to old bollywood , my feet took me towards the splash pool where children were enjoying . I removed my shoes and sat there at the edge of the pool dipping my feet into the water. Watching me , one of my friends also came and sat along . Both of us sat for quite  long on the edge of pool - chatting and dabbling our toes in the water. This cooled my mind and uplifted my mood .  You need to find  your own ways to uplift your mood as and when required . Music , Dance ,Good food , Laughing , shopping ,picnic ,  playing any sport you like , painting , talking to someone , chanting a man...