Skip to main content

Let's Feel Grateful to Our Home-Where memories are made , laughter is shared #gratefulness

As November started , I adopted a new attitude -GRATITUDE  which means to express gratitude towards life’s offerings; to be grateful to all the happenings in our life –things, good health, comfort, peace , and to be even more grateful to  all those persons who play a role  to make these happen.

Today I wish to write , being grateful to my our home. We  live in Panchkula but the house we live in , is a rented one. Although our home offers all the comforts and brings smiles , my bedroom always brings out the relaxing sighs out of me when I rest on my bed after a long hectic day , but still something is missing . Even after few days of holidaying , when we come back home , the first words which automatically come out are “Home Sweet Home ” . It surely indicates how much comfort , relaxation, ease  the home provides.  Ofcourse I am thankful to my home but still that feeling of  OUR OWN  HOME is still missing.

Recently , just a few days ago, I visited my  paternal grandparents’ house, I mean my Dada-Dadi’s home , in Amritsar (Punjab ). My Dadaji-Dadiji  and Tayaji-Tayiji used to stay there together. Now the other three have left this world and my  Tayiji (my Dad’s brother’s wife) stays there alone  . I visited that place after lot many years . The two days spent there revived many memories for which I feel grateful.

home

The home is old but the memories are still fresh

As I reached the house and rang the bell, my Tayiji ( who lives on first floor) plucked a string and the the main gate was opened without her needing  to come downstairs . You know it’s a jugaad done for the last so many years. My daughter was excited to see how it was done. It felt like a game to her.

As I was climbing the stairs , the memories of my childhood came alive when in every summer vacation, the whole family used to be  together and we, the kids’ gang used to run up and down the stairs playing hide and seek.

home

As I entered my Dadi’s room , the bed  Manja  kept adjoining the wooden  almirah brought the scene come alive when my Dadi used to take out Barfi from her almirah and give to all the kids. I feel grateful to my Tayiji for keeping the old things well maintained, be it that Manja or Dadi’s aluminium  trunkbox.

As I entered the living room, sitting on the same old sofa gave a deep rooted contentment and peace. That house is very old type , no modern amenities , but still the feel of the house is very rich , its aura send vibes within  me as if  hugging one of my most loved ones.

HOME IS NOT A PLACE , IT’S A FEELING

The house has many pictures of all the family members , and every picture tells a story. The pictures of my great grandparents keeps the house and the family blessed , I think.  Every nook n corner of the house revives the memories and the laughter shared, especially the rocking chair and the swing.

home

Standing in my Dadi’s room, picture of my great grandmother in the background

home

One of the rooms  still has one big almirah full of books , of my Dadaji ( who was an advocate) and of my Tayaji(who was a professor).  I could see all law and literature books there. Today I feel grateful to their storehouse of knowledge. The reading/writing love must have travelled  in the genes.

I really feel very grateful to my Grandparents’ home which took me down the memory lane . I also feel very grateful to my hubby who accompanied me happily there and shared my joys while remembering my childhood.

I am linking this post with Amrita for November Thankfulness Challenge #thankfulthursdays #thankyounote

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z 2022

I started my blog five years ago and my blogging journey during these five years has gone through many twists and turns . I started my blog on self hosted wordpress site , learnt lot many technical aspects like DA ,  SEO and latram patram .....Blogchatter has been a constant friend ( plus a big support) since then ....I have  successfully participated in  #BlogchatterA2Z three times .....and wrote two ebooks too during the process . All this was quite exciting you know as I got to understand a bit of creative side of writing , made some new blogger friends , and became a proud AUTHOR of two ebooks .  In 2018 my theme was #Astitva where I wrote about various stigmas faced by a woman in our society . In 2019 I wrote under the theme #Prerna where I uploaded  some inspirational posts . In 2020 all my blogposts were related to the life of middle aged women (as that was the time I had just stepped into my forties ) . That was the time I came up with the book 'The Silver Lined Mommy' 

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember how i  had to bear my daughter

Education 5E Model : Which are the most important Es ?

Hi ! My name is Monika and  I am a teacher . I am working in the field of Education or should I say the field of Teaching-Learning for the last 18 years . My Basic educational qualification is Bachelor of Science (Mathematics  & Physics as the main subjects ) followed by Masters in Physics . So I have been teaching these two subjects for the last so many years . I have spent more years teaching Mathematics than Physics . When we talk of Teaching-Learning or Education  , there are many theories and approaches  available. One of them is constructivist approach to learning . It  focuses on the principle that Knowledge must be constructed and not just transmitted. Unlike Traditional approach in the classroom , Constructivist approach focuses that the teacher poses problems and questions for the students . The students themselves try to find the solutions based on their prior learning . All this promotes curiosity and creativity among the students. I have often used the constructivist