Skip to main content

Life is a box of experiences

Sometimes , I  feel like Life is a  game  of experiences ,  just  like  that  game of passing the parcel which  the kids play at their birthday parties. There is a box containing the prompt tickets . Each player needs to pick a prompt ticket and has to act accordingly . Isn’t same  the case with Life ?

God has created daily prompt tickets for all of us .  You never know which prompt are you going to be given today . Every prompt ticket brings a new experience with it. Each experience has its own flavour. Some experiences are positive, some are negative. Some experiences are fun , some are problematic. Some experiences bring  lot of learnings , some bring adventure. Some experiences are such you feel always thankful for and some you regret.

Today I write about the day Life gave me a prompt ticket which read ” Adventure of  River Rafting “. It was my long awaited wish.

It was few years back that we went to Rishikesh and decided to stay at a  tented accomodation near the river Ganges. It was already late evening , so we spent the evening enjoying music  with food and drinks , in the lantern lights and the  sounds of nature, especially the whoosh of the river. The gang of boys playing guitar and singing along added to the ambience.

Next day morning was scheduled for river rafting. As my daughter was small at that time, my sweet hubby got ready to stay back with her and encouraged me  to go for my long awaited  water adventure . I was excited . But at the same time, i was scared to go for rafting without any of my family or friends. Finally  i said a hearty  YES.

rafting adventure

I lost all my personal rafting pics , took it from google

The instructor ordered all of us  to wear life jackets and gave us few instructions.  All settled on the raft , few shots  clicked and within  next five  minutes, it was ” Go……….” . All were excited , smiling broad and holding tight to the raft . For the first few minutes, it went very peaceful , but then suddenly we could  see  the massive waves approaching.  “Aaaaaa….” all of us shouted and cheered while our raft crossed that furious wave , drenching all of us with chilled waters.   WOW, this was the moment our hearts craved for.

[tweetshare tweet=”Fill your life with adventures, not things. Have stories to tell not just stuff to show .” via=”no”]

Inbetween at a certain point, where the river seemed lazy , the instructor asked us to experience the total adventure by jumping off the raft into the river. As i was alone ( without any of my family), i couldn’t  dare but many others did and i was envy to see them having the icy fun.

But what was it , the next moment i was chanting ” Jai Mata Di , Jai Mata Di” as i had also suddenly dared to jump and explore the real Ganges adventure , my mind making sure that the  life jacket was well tied.  Had i put my life in jeopardy ? Such were the thoughts , holding one of the rods of the raft , as the water under was not harmonious as it appeared on the surface . In less than five minutes , other raft friends helped me pull up .

Such was the memorable  adventure of river rafting , the adventure which filled my soul . Those feel of waters in the sacred river of Ganges , those wild and calm waves gladdened and refreshed me.

I am taking my Alexa rank to next level with #Myfriendalexa

experience

 

This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.’

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z 2022

I started my blog five years ago and my blogging journey during these five years has gone through many twists and turns . I started my blog on self hosted wordpress site , learnt lot many technical aspects like DA ,  SEO and latram patram .....Blogchatter has been a constant friend ( plus a big support) since then ....I have  successfully participated in  #BlogchatterA2Z three times .....and wrote two ebooks too during the process . All this was quite exciting you know as I got to understand a bit of creative side of writing , made some new blogger friends , and became a proud AUTHOR of two ebooks .  In 2018 my theme was #Astitva where I wrote about various stigmas faced by a woman in our society . In 2019 I wrote under the theme #Prerna where I uploaded  some inspirational posts . In 2020 all my blogposts were related to the life of middle aged women (as that was the time I had just stepped into my forties ) . That was the time I came up with the book 'The Silver Lined Mommy' 

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember how i  had to bear my daughter

Keep Yourself Alive

 Are you alive ? Are you thankful that you are alive ? I am writing this in some spare  time at my workplace and a few minutes ago I got to know about the sudden death of one of our collleagues  . Always smiling and helpful to all , he was in his early forties . Leaving his family and kids crying  , he just decided to fly away , may be to a happier world ( atleast that's what i wish )  Well ! I never intended to begin with  anything of this sort but today's news has left me disturbed you know .  All i can do is to be thankful that I am alive , hale n hearty . Life is so unpredictable you see but still we all have filled our life with hatred , jealousy , competition, ego , leg-pulling , stress, frustration and what not . You or Me can just disappear in a moment and then ?  Let's simplify our life ....a life which is easy going , happy and filled with love for all . Let's stop rushing ! Let's stop judging others ! Let our ego go off with smiles , hugs and gratitude fo