Skip to main content

Jewel of My Life--My DAD #festivalofwords#6#writetribe Day 2

WriteTribe celebrates writing. The #WTFOW#6 is a festival of writing in which one has to write for 7 days . This is my post for Day 2.

My BIGGEST RESOURCE / JEWEL OF MY LIFE 

What is a resource ? It is the source of supply, support or aid that can be readily drawn upon when needed. My biggest resource is my DAD , I treasure him .Professionally , he has worked as a college professor all his life and now he enjoys his retired life.   He is the one I can look forward to for any kind of support I ever need . He is the best person God has sent in my life . Out of love , I sometimes call him POPSY. He is my real hero .

DAD is my biggest resource of  inspiration and positivity
Since childhood , he has always inspired me in all walks of life . He knew about my strengths better than me . He always has in mind , lot of inspiring excerpts of great persons which he quotes to motivate us.  My DAD has inculcated many qualities in me for which I will always be thankful.
Jewel of my life -MY DAD
DAD is my resource of money 
Haha , my DAD  is the the one to whom I can go anytime for quick money. He is my all time ATM. My bank accounts may be empty but this ATM always dispenses cash.
DAD is a resource of large collection of books 
POPSY is a literature man. He has a huge collection of many kind of books , books on mythology, history, homeopathy, some great biographies ,etc .He has a deep love for short stories and he owns short stories  in English, Hindi, Punjabi n Urdu languages .  He has lot many dictionaries and thesaurus too , which are his treasure . Occasionally he spends hours on a bookshop to decide just a small book for himself.
DAD is a resource of songs and jokes 

Although not taken any professional training , DAD sings very well . He can play Casio, Tabla , Daphli , which he learnt on his own . He gets lot of applauds when he sometimes sings among his friends. He remembers lot of old hindi songs and is always eager to sing , waiting for somebody to just prompt him once . He loves to tell jokes too for which he has even maintained a diary. I just love him when  he  himself says it many times ” Main ek joke sunata hun tumhe ”

Jewel of my life-MY DAD

DAD is my asset.  He is the jewel of my heart, my life.  Few years ago , on Fathers day , I had penned my heartfelt emotions  about him on a chart paper, got it framed and gifted him . That emotions’  frame has all the mentions of his qualities , our beautiful times spent or my deep love for him . The pics in this post are glimpses of that emotions’ frame.
Jewel of my life -MY DAD
I wish I could have a time machine, go back to my childhood times,  I  hold DAD’s finger with my little hand  and when it’s time to enter the world of dreams, I rest my head on his shoulder , arm embracing him tight, listening to a fairytale from him .
I am taking part in #writebravely#writetribe The Write Tribe Festival of Words#6
Update 23.6.2018 :- I  am submitting this post for the father’s day contest hosted by kreativemommy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z 2022

I started my blog five years ago and my blogging journey during these five years has gone through many twists and turns . I started my blog on self hosted wordpress site , learnt lot many technical aspects like DA ,  SEO and latram patram .....Blogchatter has been a constant friend ( plus a big support) since then ....I have  successfully participated in  #BlogchatterA2Z three times .....and wrote two ebooks too during the process . All this was quite exciting you know as I got to understand a bit of creative side of writing , made some new blogger friends , and became a proud AUTHOR of two ebooks .  In 2018 my theme was #Astitva where I wrote about various stigmas faced by a woman in our society . In 2019 I wrote under the theme #Prerna where I uploaded  some inspirational posts . In 2020 all my blogposts were related to the life of middle aged women (as that was the time I had just stepped into my forties ) . That was the time I came up with the book 'The Silver Lined Mommy' 

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember how i  had to bear my daughter

Keep Yourself Alive

 Are you alive ? Are you thankful that you are alive ? I am writing this in some spare  time at my workplace and a few minutes ago I got to know about the sudden death of one of our collleagues  . Always smiling and helpful to all , he was in his early forties . Leaving his family and kids crying  , he just decided to fly away , may be to a happier world ( atleast that's what i wish )  Well ! I never intended to begin with  anything of this sort but today's news has left me disturbed you know .  All i can do is to be thankful that I am alive , hale n hearty . Life is so unpredictable you see but still we all have filled our life with hatred , jealousy , competition, ego , leg-pulling , stress, frustration and what not . You or Me can just disappear in a moment and then ?  Let's simplify our life ....a life which is easy going , happy and filled with love for all . Let's stop rushing ! Let's stop judging others ! Let our ego go off with smiles , hugs and gratitude fo