Skip to main content

Coffee with Rhythm #festivalofwords #writetribe#6 Day 7

WriteTribe celebrates writing. The #WTFOW#6 is a festival in which one has to write for 7 days in a row. This is my post for the Day 7 , I am happy I could complete the challenge.

I  had finished my studies .  Mom –  Dad had started  searching the matrimonial match for me.  After a number of conversations with different families and exchange of photographs , we finally decided to meet one of the family,  from Punjab. The Would be Groom (WG)  was the boy named Rhythm, who was tall, fair n handsome.  I  had also liked his pic at the very first sight, and I loved his name too. Another point which  moved my heart was ,  he had mentioned in his profile that coffee and music were  his love .  Actually this  guy Rhythm  had got his professional education in music and he was working in the same field. His parents were retired professors from a college.

 

The family was invited for tea at our home  for the next day. My heart started feeling butterflies , as it was to happen for the first time. I also like coffee and music , Wow, what a lovely match , my heart was in  private discussion mode.  My emotions had got wings and I flew to a dreamy date with Rhythm, having coffee at CCD , holding each other’s hands.

Finally it was  the next day evening and as it was expected , WG and I  were made to sit in a separate room to have a private talk. It always appeared  very weird to me how two people could decide to spend life together , just in a ten minutes conversation. But this is how it was to happen with me.

He was exactly same as was seen in the pic. Tall,  very fair and handsome . Coffee and music love were the toppings on his profile for me. Little embarrassed, we started the conversation talking of each other’s families. Awww, he spoke so politely. Then he asked me about my work and  where I worked . When I told him the name of my workplace, he made an ugly face  and  immediately said  ‘Yuck, I happened to go there once , that place really stinks. How do u manage to work there ? Be hygienic yar , leave your job, I have enough money ”

His words brewed my mind like a hot coffee ,  I stared at him for few seconds  but I kept calm . I wished I had a hot  coffee mug in my hand and I would have done **** , but he was my guest  that day . My mind instantly decided that Rhythm couldn’t be the rhythm of my life , Rhythm didn’t deserve to be the music of my heart.

I am taking part in #writebravely #writetribe #6 The Festival of Words

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember ho...

Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z 2022

I started my blog five years ago and my blogging journey during these five years has gone through many twists and turns . I started my blog on self hosted wordpress site , learnt lot many technical aspects like DA ,  SEO and latram patram .....Blogchatter has been a constant friend ( plus a big support) since then ....I have  successfully participated in  #BlogchatterA2Z three times .....and wrote two ebooks too during the process . All this was quite exciting you know as I got to understand a bit of creative side of writing , made some new blogger friends , and became a proud AUTHOR of two ebooks .  In 2018 my theme was #Astitva where I wrote about various stigmas faced by a woman in our society . In 2019 I wrote under the theme #Prerna where I uploaded  some inspirational posts . In 2020 all my blogposts were related to the life of middle aged women (as that was the time I had just stepped into my forties ) . That was the time I came up with the book 'The Silv...

Uplift your mood

 My evening today was not good . I was doing all domestic chores in a  burdened way. I tried watching some  movie but it couldn't interest me . One of my colleagues called to intimate me of  some upcoming duty. That further pressurized my bad  mood . I wore my shoes , put on my headphones and got ready for a walk . After walking for around half an hour and listening to old bollywood , my feet took me towards the splash pool where children were enjoying . I removed my shoes and sat there at the edge of the pool dipping my feet into the water. Watching me , one of my friends also came and sat along . Both of us sat for quite  long on the edge of pool - chatting and dabbling our toes in the water. This cooled my mind and uplifted my mood .  You need to find  your own ways to uplift your mood as and when required . Music , Dance ,Good food , Laughing , shopping ,picnic ,  playing any sport you like , painting , talking to someone , chanting a man...