Skip to main content

X-axis , Y-axis and the Graph of Life


 In mathematics there is a topic of statistics where we make frequency distribution  tables , work on probability and plot graphs using X-axis and Y-axis . I loved this chapter when i was a student and i even love it today being a teacher also .

Let's make a graph of our lives using these X-axis and Y-axis .

Ok , let me take a graph paper and choose 15 important moments of my life , both positive and negative . I am going to plot them and see how my life graph looks . Happier the moment is , higher it goes on positive side and sadder the moment is , lower it goes on negative side of Y-axis . Got it ??? Let's go !!


How does my life graph look ? Good that there are more of positive moments than the sad ones . What else do i need ? 

In previous BlogchatterA2Z i wrote a post about  X-factor which is still close to my heart . You may want to read it here   XFactor


I am writing this post as part of #BlogchatterA2Z month long writing festival






Comments

  1. Wow! I loved this concept of plotting life events on xy axes. Its like a synopsis of your life with a wonderful pictorial representation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember ho...

Uplift your mood

 My evening today was not good . I was doing all domestic chores in a  burdened way. I tried watching some  movie but it couldn't interest me . One of my colleagues called to intimate me of  some upcoming duty. That further pressurized my bad  mood . I wore my shoes , put on my headphones and got ready for a walk . After walking for around half an hour and listening to old bollywood , my feet took me towards the splash pool where children were enjoying . I removed my shoes and sat there at the edge of the pool dipping my feet into the water. Watching me , one of my friends also came and sat along . Both of us sat for quite  long on the edge of pool - chatting and dabbling our toes in the water. This cooled my mind and uplifted my mood .  You need to find  your own ways to uplift your mood as and when required . Music , Dance ,Good food , Laughing , shopping ,picnic ,  playing any sport you like , painting , talking to someone , chanting a man...

I am getting Older day by day

 I have stopped spending too much money on clothing or accessories......... I have stopped thinking too much about pleasing others....... I have stopped looking daily into the mirror ....... I have stopped cooking those time consuming delicious meals for my family ...... TV doesn't excite me as much now ....... My fingers can't scroll for long on facebook....... I don't feel like keeping longer nails - file or paint them....... Am i getting older day by day ? Travelling, Cycling or small get-togethers; I love to spend money and time  on experiences now...... Only the fitness goals push me to  look into the mirror ..... I am able to overlook others' reactions when it comes to listen to my heart.  I recently denied a loved one's advice because my heart was unable to  accept it..... I cry easily now when i relate to someone's emotions , even watching a movie ...... Am i getting older day by day ?  or  Am i getting freer day by day ?  I wish to be dre...