Skip to main content

It won't last

Feels like yesterday when i was in hostel . That was the best period of my life when we friends used to shout and rap the mess tables with  our plates  , dance like mads in hostel room, whisper loud 😄in the library and what not . But today it's been 22 years . 

Feels like yesterday when I got married But today it has been 17 years .

Feels like yesterday when I held my daughter for the first time in the hospital , but today she is a teenager and stands taller than me.

No moment or stage of life lasts forever;It moves on. 

I transformed from a girl to a woman to a mother and now slowly aging like that Aunty next door. 

Forty years of life have passed and i saw many near and dear ones  who passed away in these years , some old some young. 

Same way Fifty years will pass and same way Sixty Seventy ( is there any guarantee that I will reach seventy? ) 

Daily a day starts and it ends giving me  nothing special on my plate .....

So let's start making our days special, beautiful  and happier 

Spending more time laughing 

Spending more family time 

Making time for the things we love 

Singing Dancing Smiling and Loving each other 

Because 

as an icecream melts after few minutes ;

cooked food starts to stink after few hours; 

stagnant water develops fungus after few days; 

Same way ....our life .....it won't last

I am writing this post as part of #BlogchatterA2Z month long writing challenge 







Comments

  1. Aging is a fact of life is it not? We just need to accept it. You made the right comparisons with ice cream, food, water etc.
    Every day is a new day. And every day is also the first day in the rest of our life.
    Make the best of it. Pause, and cherish every moment. Our plates will automatically become full! :-)
    Visiting your blog via BlogChatter.
    I = India

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember ho...

Uplift your mood

 My evening today was not good . I was doing all domestic chores in a  burdened way. I tried watching some  movie but it couldn't interest me . One of my colleagues called to intimate me of  some upcoming duty. That further pressurized my bad  mood . I wore my shoes , put on my headphones and got ready for a walk . After walking for around half an hour and listening to old bollywood , my feet took me towards the splash pool where children were enjoying . I removed my shoes and sat there at the edge of the pool dipping my feet into the water. Watching me , one of my friends also came and sat along . Both of us sat for quite  long on the edge of pool - chatting and dabbling our toes in the water. This cooled my mind and uplifted my mood .  You need to find  your own ways to uplift your mood as and when required . Music , Dance ,Good food , Laughing , shopping ,picnic ,  playing any sport you like , painting , talking to someone , chanting a man...

Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z 2022

I started my blog five years ago and my blogging journey during these five years has gone through many twists and turns . I started my blog on self hosted wordpress site , learnt lot many technical aspects like DA ,  SEO and latram patram .....Blogchatter has been a constant friend ( plus a big support) since then ....I have  successfully participated in  #BlogchatterA2Z three times .....and wrote two ebooks too during the process . All this was quite exciting you know as I got to understand a bit of creative side of writing , made some new blogger friends , and became a proud AUTHOR of two ebooks .  In 2018 my theme was #Astitva where I wrote about various stigmas faced by a woman in our society . In 2019 I wrote under the theme #Prerna where I uploaded  some inspirational posts . In 2020 all my blogposts were related to the life of middle aged women (as that was the time I had just stepped into my forties ) . That was the time I came up with the book 'The Silv...