Skip to main content

How Cycling can become your Lifestyle in just 12 weeks ? 5 Easy ways for a healthier YOU

Before I share  any details  about my recent  cycling lifestyle , let me firstly share that it all started in April 2020 and in these 5 months I have ridden 1000 kms+ on my bicycle . Astonishing ? Isn’t it ? Actually it astonished me too.

I never started with a goal of riding 1000 km, but it happened in its own steady pace . It all started during the lockdown . When gyms got closed and we preferred social distancing , cycling came my way . Earlier also , i used to ride on bicyle but  occasionally and that too not more than 5-6 km. But this time I started with daily ride of approximately 10 km . I myself didn’t come to know how cycling  became my passion and daily ride became a daily dose for me .

Do you want a healthier lifestyle ? Do you want to be energetic ? Do you want to lose weight ? Do you want to increase your stamina ? Don’t you want some fun factor in your life ?

If YES then read this article till end as it contains some easy ways to adopt cycling as a lifestyle . I am going to share everything from my personal experience .

cycling

How to adopt cycling as a lifestyle ?

  1. Start using your bicycle for short rides

Start using your bicycle for short rides – may be  go to market to bring milk packets or go to bank for some deposit/withdrawl . The more you ride your bike in your surrounding locality , more is the saving you make on your fuel and better would be your health of course . You feel energetic and happier every time you finish a task commuting on your bike . It would be best if you  find some reason for short bike ride daily . Few years ago , I used to go to my friend’s place every morning and from there we used to go by a pooled cab to our workplace . Earlier I used my scooter to reach her place but then I shifted to bicycle . Though the distance was just 2 km but still it made a good short ride daily . Create your own  reason to ride a short distance.

2. Find cycling friends

As and when I started riding daily  for around 10 kilometers, I found a facebook cycling group within my city . I immediately contacted them and they added me in their whatsapp group . There started the daily motivation to ride as everyone there was sharing his/her cycling record . Till that time I didn’t know about any GPS tracking app . I also downloaded Strava app and started to keep a record of my cycling activity . Out of the whatsapp group I made my first   cycling friend and since then we have ridden many times together . It’s total fun to ride together .

cycling

You should also find cycling friends in your city and start your journey of a better lifestyle . If you are consistent , cycling would easily become your lifestyle just in 12 weeks of time .

3. Sign up for a riding challenge

As and when you sign up for a challenge with others , the courage and determination to complete the challenge automatically fill up your nerves .

My cycling challenges

Let me share the two challenges I took . First was 20 days of daily cycling in which I rode daily for an average of 15 km . Two were such days when it was raining heavily in the evening and it seemed impossible to ride . Anyways I waited for rain to stop and took a very short ride near my house . I was happy that I could finish the 20 days daily cycling challenge . It blessed me with good amount of consistent cycling .

The second challenge was on the Independence day . As India got freedom in 1947 ,so the challenge was to ride 47 km on August 15 -India’s Independence day . I was doubtful of my abilities to complete these many kilometers but I dared to challenge my limits . Along with some other cyclists I pedalled and I tell you , I pedalled hard that day . After 2 hours 40 minutes of cycling when I came back home and stopped ,I checked my strava app and it showed me 46.9 km . Oh Gosh ! very quickly I again pedalled for few metres to make it 47 km.

Taking some cycling challenge motivates you for action . So challenge yourself for some rides – workout rides with friends , family rides or may be with colleagues for commuting to workplace .

I am eagerly waiting for the day when I would complete a century ride challenge .

“Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of riding a bicycle”

4. Be enthusiastic to explore your city

 

cyclingCycling in or around city is a great way to explore the hidden streets and corners which you just didn’t notice while you commuted by your car . Pump up air in the tires , find a good friend and decide some beautiful destination to ride to . Ride early morning , feel the freshness in air and watch the beauty of nature  as well your city .Ride for your good health , a better stamina and happiness in your life .

“Cyclists see considerably more of this beautiful world than any other class of citizens.”

5. Just Start Pedalling .

The funda is to just start . Ride as much or as little , as long or as short as you feel . But ride ! Have the pleasure and the healthier lifestyle by riding a bike . Start with short rides , set small goals , accomplish those gaols , strive for higher goals . The initial goals which you started with soon  become so easy because you grow stronger with time . So dust off your bicycle or hire one and just start cycling to make it your lifestyle .

cycling

If you want to adopt walking as a lifestyle ,read this 

Looking for some weightloss tips to be a healthier YOU  ?  read this !

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z 2022

I started my blog five years ago and my blogging journey during these five years has gone through many twists and turns . I started my blog on self hosted wordpress site , learnt lot many technical aspects like DA ,  SEO and latram patram .....Blogchatter has been a constant friend ( plus a big support) since then ....I have  successfully participated in  #BlogchatterA2Z three times .....and wrote two ebooks too during the process . All this was quite exciting you know as I got to understand a bit of creative side of writing , made some new blogger friends , and became a proud AUTHOR of two ebooks .  In 2018 my theme was #Astitva where I wrote about various stigmas faced by a woman in our society . In 2019 I wrote under the theme #Prerna where I uploaded  some inspirational posts . In 2020 all my blogposts were related to the life of middle aged women (as that was the time I had just stepped into my forties ) . That was the time I came up with the book 'The Silver Lined Mommy' 

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember how i  had to bear my daughter

Keep Yourself Alive

 Are you alive ? Are you thankful that you are alive ? I am writing this in some spare  time at my workplace and a few minutes ago I got to know about the sudden death of one of our collleagues  . Always smiling and helpful to all , he was in his early forties . Leaving his family and kids crying  , he just decided to fly away , may be to a happier world ( atleast that's what i wish )  Well ! I never intended to begin with  anything of this sort but today's news has left me disturbed you know .  All i can do is to be thankful that I am alive , hale n hearty . Life is so unpredictable you see but still we all have filled our life with hatred , jealousy , competition, ego , leg-pulling , stress, frustration and what not . You or Me can just disappear in a moment and then ?  Let's simplify our life ....a life which is easy going , happy and filled with love for all . Let's stop rushing ! Let's stop judging others ! Let our ego go off with smiles , hugs and gratitude fo