Skip to main content

Is Grumpiness part of life ?

Country is locked down and so am I within few square feet of space. After the routine tasks of mopping , dishing , laundry , cooking , sanitizing the nooks and corners of my home , I lighted  a diya in my little temple and then sat with my laptop along with  TV switched on   . I scrolled through various channels ,with most of them showing the Corona news and the lookout for Maulana . The rising number of cases in the various states brought me fear and stress .

I wanted to write my next post for the blogging challenge but nothing came in my mind . I distracted myself by picking a book to read but couldn’t enjoy it . I didn’t even feel like making rice for my daughter in the lunch . Thankfully she is big enough to make it on her own .

The previous night’s dream also kept scaring me till evening . Scientists were making arrangements for sending me in space for their next satellite mission . I was so frightened and kept refusing but they were continually persuading  me . They even got a contract letter  signed from me and gave me another duty letter to be given at my workplace that I would be under training for next few months . One of them shouted to ask ‘Where is the gas bill ?’ I got confused at the question and didn’t reply . But then he jolted me ‘Where is the gas bill yaar , come on get up.’ Oh gosh ! It was then I realized i was dreaming and hubby was asking for the bill .

Tossing  zig-zag in my bed , I watched TV for few hours thoughtlessly . I don’t know Why but I just didn’t feel like doing anything . I once again tried to cheer myself up by writing ‘Cheer Up’ on paper but back at my mind I wanted to ‘Do nothing’

I was thinking to write my G post on ‘Growth’ or ‘Goals’ but my body and mind were not cooperating you know . I had started feeling low and grumpy  by evening . Lying for hours in bed had stressed my spine too .  My daughter asked me to play with her but I said a harsh NO . When I asked her to make me tea she replied with  a harsh NO . Murmuring , I had to make it myself .

Grumpiness was stressing me out .

When I went to the kitchen i saw rice littered  here and there as kiddo had made rice in the lunch . Oh Gosh ! Aaj ka din hi khraaab hai  , so were the words which came muttering out .

After tea , I was back in my bed , just scrolling my fingers  on  phone . My body didn’t feel normal .It was warmer and when i checked ,the thermometer showed 99.5 . I quickly messaged my hubby and he asked -Are you feeling problem while breathing also? Please quarantine yourself  .

That fired up  my  grumpiness .

I may feel like doing Nothing at times , I may feel grumpy at times but It’s OK . I  embrace my grumpiness .

grumpiness

I read someone’s blog where she talked of ‘Free Write’ . Having  loved the idea , I  thought of free writing today . So I penned  my  thoughts the way they just flew out of my heart .  

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember ho...

Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z 2022

I started my blog five years ago and my blogging journey during these five years has gone through many twists and turns . I started my blog on self hosted wordpress site , learnt lot many technical aspects like DA ,  SEO and latram patram .....Blogchatter has been a constant friend ( plus a big support) since then ....I have  successfully participated in  #BlogchatterA2Z three times .....and wrote two ebooks too during the process . All this was quite exciting you know as I got to understand a bit of creative side of writing , made some new blogger friends , and became a proud AUTHOR of two ebooks .  In 2018 my theme was #Astitva where I wrote about various stigmas faced by a woman in our society . In 2019 I wrote under the theme #Prerna where I uploaded  some inspirational posts . In 2020 all my blogposts were related to the life of middle aged women (as that was the time I had just stepped into my forties ) . That was the time I came up with the book 'The Silv...

Keep Yourself Alive

 Are you alive ? Are you thankful that you are alive ? I am writing this in some spare  time at my workplace and a few minutes ago I got to know about the sudden death of one of our collleagues  . Always smiling and helpful to all , he was in his early forties . Leaving his family and kids crying  , he just decided to fly away , may be to a happier world ( atleast that's what i wish )  Well ! I never intended to begin with  anything of this sort but today's news has left me disturbed you know .  All i can do is to be thankful that I am alive , hale n hearty . Life is so unpredictable you see but still we all have filled our life with hatred , jealousy , competition, ego , leg-pulling , stress, frustration and what not . You or Me can just disappear in a moment and then ?  Let's simplify our life ....a life which is easy going , happy and filled with love for all . Let's stop rushing ! Let's stop judging others ! Let our ego go off with smiles , hu...