Skip to main content

Diet and Health Management - 3 important facts

When you think of maintaining a  good health , what exactly do you mean by it ? It may be fitness , good shape , and no diseases. Right ?

Now tell me honestly .  Do you work in the direction of maintaining a good health ?

If you are suffering from some physical health problem like survical , migraine or  backache , are you doing the exercises Doctor has recommended you ?

Are you serious about your health ?

diet and health

https://pixabay.com/photos/apple-diet-face-food-fresh-fruit-19309/

If you are suffering from troubles like high BP , Low BP , diabetes , or any other , are you really taking care of the eating habits you should form ?

If your weight is on a rise and  the old dresses don’t fit you , are you seriously working out to get back in shape ?  I know you do want to get rid of that flab  but you are not working hard for it . Desire is great but there’s lack of action .

Diet , Hunger and Health management – Three important facts

diet and health

Fact 1

Your health is your responsibility , nobody else’s

You yourself will have to work in the direction of your good health . Don’t say that you don’t have time . You are busy all day taking care of family . Don’t think that because you are working dedicatedly for your family , so your family should come forward and do the exercises your body needs .

Fact 2

Diet plays a major role in health management

It has been said thousand of times that diet plays 80 percent role in your health management and exercise just 20 percent . This is more than hundred percent true when it comes to losing weight . Don’t procrastinate about making changes in your diet.

Change what you eat and you can change your body

Fact 3

Lot of times , you eat  because of emotions and  not  because of hunger .

Have you ever analysed how many times in a day you actually feel hungry ? And how many times in a day you actually eat ? I know the answer to latter question is a big number . Because this happens with me too . Nowadays when the world is gripped by corona and we are forced #stayathome the condition is even severe . All the time you just feel like eating something or the other .

Understand your hunger 

The need is to feel your emotions . May be you feel like eating something out of loneliness or upset mood . People often grab a chocolate, pastry  or anything  sweet to correct their mood .

While writing this , I just had a small (very small ) bowl of gajar ka halwa . I am so honest you see ! Got carried away by emotions . 

Feel your emotions . Is it real hunger , just a time pass or something else ? Why not try these ? Drink a glass of water, stretch yourself , talk to someone or play your favourite songs .

Actionable tips for hunger , diet and health management

  1. Understand your hunger . Is it because of taste , variety , mood ,  or is it  the real hunger  ?
  2. Drink water often .  Dehydration of body feels like hunger at times .
  3. Don’t eat plenty of food in a single meal. Have smaller meals .
  4. Stop the habit of  finishing off food left by your children in their  plate . Train them to finish the food they take .
  5. Avoid refined sugar in your diet . But also avoid sugar supplements the big companies advertise .
  6. Don’t go on or off diet drastically . Maintain a balance . You go on a diet for a month and your weight is reduced . Then you eat heavy for few days and again you look bulky . It means you are not able to retain your bodies .
  7. Make walking or yoga an essential part of your life . It’s better to avoid intense workouts over 40
  8. Have more of salads , fruits , green tea and  more proteins in your diet.
  9. Nuts are very important . Fox nuts (Makhaana ) are a great source of calcium for your bones and walnuts are helpful if you are worried about your  joint pains .
  10. Try varities of flour like Bajra , Oats or any other instead of Wheat. They are gluten free and have many health benefits . Read the health benefits 

 

Invest in your health . It’s not an expense . 

diet and health

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember ho...

Uplift your mood

 My evening today was not good . I was doing all domestic chores in a  burdened way. I tried watching some  movie but it couldn't interest me . One of my colleagues called to intimate me of  some upcoming duty. That further pressurized my bad  mood . I wore my shoes , put on my headphones and got ready for a walk . After walking for around half an hour and listening to old bollywood , my feet took me towards the splash pool where children were enjoying . I removed my shoes and sat there at the edge of the pool dipping my feet into the water. Watching me , one of my friends also came and sat along . Both of us sat for quite  long on the edge of pool - chatting and dabbling our toes in the water. This cooled my mind and uplifted my mood .  You need to find  your own ways to uplift your mood as and when required . Music , Dance ,Good food , Laughing , shopping ,picnic ,  playing any sport you like , painting , talking to someone , chanting a man...

I am getting Older day by day

 I have stopped spending too much money on clothing or accessories......... I have stopped thinking too much about pleasing others....... I have stopped looking daily into the mirror ....... I have stopped cooking those time consuming delicious meals for my family ...... TV doesn't excite me as much now ....... My fingers can't scroll for long on facebook....... I don't feel like keeping longer nails - file or paint them....... Am i getting older day by day ? Travelling, Cycling or small get-togethers; I love to spend money and time  on experiences now...... Only the fitness goals push me to  look into the mirror ..... I am able to overlook others' reactions when it comes to listen to my heart.  I recently denied a loved one's advice because my heart was unable to  accept it..... I cry easily now when i relate to someone's emotions , even watching a movie ...... Am i getting older day by day ?  or  Am i getting freer day by day ?  I wish to be dre...