Skip to main content

Celebrating yourself - Why and How to ? No Yummy Mummy reason

 Should you invest time in celebrating yourself ? Is it really  important to celebrate yourself ? If yes , what are the reasons and HOW tips ?

We live in  a world which doesn’t pause or rest . Everyone of us is rushing . We are striving for accomplishments , success , growth and joy . See ! Joy comes at the last after accomplishments or success . Actually it has been so fixed in our minds that hard work and accomplishment leads to success . And success would then bring joy . There are people and media daily hitting your minds with the headings like – Achieve as much as you can in a day , Be productive , How to improve productivity , Work on your hobbies , fitness mantras , and what not . You just can’t count them .

Everyone is working hard , but don’t you think that you forget celebrating yourself in the process ? When was the last time you paused and celebrated yourself ?

Here are the 3 reasons we all should be celebrating ourselves .

WHY ‘Celebrating yourself ‘ is important ?

1. Enjoy the journey

Don’t be a slave of the idea of joy after success or accomplishment . Work on a project keeping goals in mind but don’t forget to enjoy the journey . Why wait just for the final accomplishment to bring joy ? Let every step be joyful . Isn’t the joy every small step brings , sort of success ?

Be joyful at every step of your journey

2. Improves Gratitude

Whatever stage of life you are at , count your blessings . What are your life assets till now ? Think apart  from materialsitic things . Your health , loving family , the moments of college life you still cherish or the joy of parenthood . Shouldn’t you express gratitude  to all these things ?

The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate — Oprah Winfrey 

3. Pause that refreshes

When surrounding atmosphere – people , TV news/ social media , long to-do lists ,expectations or  fears  start overwhelming  you , that’s an indication that your mind needs a pause – a pause that refreshes .  That pause is to celebrate yourself .

HOW to celebrate yourself ?

1. Celebrate  yourself  as you are

Goals and accomplishments are good , a boost for you . They are a tool for happiness and wellness. But Life is not a race , It’s not just about profit and loss .

When I will get a good job , I would be happy . Let me work hard to shed off 10 kg and then I would be happy . O God ! When would you bless me with my own , a big and beautiful house ? I would be happy then .

Goals and dreams do make you happy . Working towards your dreams keeps you energetic but remember – celebrating yourself as you are is the most important . You don’t need accomplishments everytime to celebrate . Just enjoy your company and give yourself a hug .

Celebrate yourself . You matter the most. 

2. Women don’t need to be ‘Yummy Mummy’ to celebrate themselves

Yummy mummy is a slang term used to describe young, attractive mothers. Kind of the celebrities who step out of the labour ward , gorgeously dressed up with not even an extra inch of fat put on .

Urbandictionary cites this example to understand the slang :

Isn’t that woman a hottie ?  She’s a yummy mummy!

All the mothers out there ! Do you ever feel negative about yourself just because of your looks ?  That you are fat , short heighted , dark skin or  grey hair. Please don’t judge yourself by  your external appearance . You don’t have to be a yummy mummy to celebrate yourself . Love your body as it is . How to love your body ?

 Celebrate yourself 

Why wait for someone else to celebrate you ?

3. Stop criticizing yourself

Have you ever analyzed that you criticize yourself many times .  I am a yelling  idiot , mujh se bada bevkoof koi nahi hoga , what is this bullshit I have done – so is the negative talk I have myself done at times .

It’s not one time effort but everyone of us should develop a habit to  stop  this negative self-talk  . Actually every time you are talking negative to yourself , your mind listens . And it reflects in a same way .

So stop criticizing yourself , say something positive to yourself daily . It may sound silly , but try saying – I am joy , I am beautiful to yourself . (Read ‘Vibrations’ at the end of this post )

It’s healthy to speak highly of yourself !

4. Srijnatmakta

It’s a hindi word meaning ‘Creativity’ . ‘Srijna‘ means to create something which appears beautiful to your eyes , heart and mind . Don’t know why but today the hindi word  ‘Srijnatmakta’ fascinated me more than ‘creativity’ .

सृजनात्मकता

Do a creative activity – just for celebrating yourself . Don’t do it for  some profit or for showing off , just do it for yourself  & your happiness . You don’t need to be or become a great artist for srijnatmakta. You already have a lot of srijna energies in you . Explore them to celebrate yourself .

Be …….don’t try to become ! 


Read ‘Be Young at Heart’ tips :

https://meralifestyle.com/en/2019/05/02/33-secrets-to-stay-always-young-at-heart-prerna/

It would be a pleasure if we connect on FB or Twitter 

Here’s another post about VIBRATIONS which I personally love . Do read if you want to :

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z 2022

I started my blog five years ago and my blogging journey during these five years has gone through many twists and turns . I started my blog on self hosted wordpress site , learnt lot many technical aspects like DA ,  SEO and latram patram .....Blogchatter has been a constant friend ( plus a big support) since then ....I have  successfully participated in  #BlogchatterA2Z three times .....and wrote two ebooks too during the process . All this was quite exciting you know as I got to understand a bit of creative side of writing , made some new blogger friends , and became a proud AUTHOR of two ebooks .  In 2018 my theme was #Astitva where I wrote about various stigmas faced by a woman in our society . In 2019 I wrote under the theme #Prerna where I uploaded  some inspirational posts . In 2020 all my blogposts were related to the life of middle aged women (as that was the time I had just stepped into my forties ) . That was the time I came up with the book 'The Silver Lined Mommy' 

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember how i  had to bear my daughter

Keep Yourself Alive

 Are you alive ? Are you thankful that you are alive ? I am writing this in some spare  time at my workplace and a few minutes ago I got to know about the sudden death of one of our collleagues  . Always smiling and helpful to all , he was in his early forties . Leaving his family and kids crying  , he just decided to fly away , may be to a happier world ( atleast that's what i wish )  Well ! I never intended to begin with  anything of this sort but today's news has left me disturbed you know .  All i can do is to be thankful that I am alive , hale n hearty . Life is so unpredictable you see but still we all have filled our life with hatred , jealousy , competition, ego , leg-pulling , stress, frustration and what not . You or Me can just disappear in a moment and then ?  Let's simplify our life ....a life which is easy going , happy and filled with love for all . Let's stop rushing ! Let's stop judging others ! Let our ego go off with smiles , hugs and gratitude fo