Skip to main content

Hop-On-Hop-Off tour to Auckland Zoo & Aquarium #traveloguenz

Hop-on-Hop-off Tour

I researched online for a city tour   and there I came across ‘hasslefree tours’ . After considering many options I preferred to book myself a 24 hour Hop-on-Hop-off tour of Auckland . It cost me dollar 12.90 and I was expected to reach near Skycity at 10am the next day . The Hop-on-Hop-off buses start from Skycity . They have defined two tours of the city- red tour and yellow tour . Both the tours cover different destinations . I chose the red tour as I wanted to explore the famous Kelly Tarlton’s Sea Life Aquarium and the Auckland zoo.

zoo

I reached the Skycity at the right time . There were fifteen minutes for the bus to leave and I made use of those minutes to have a coffee at a cafe nearby .

The whole bus was empty except  six of us ( including the driver) .   I  was enjoying myself in the open roof bus watching the city and clicking pictures .

zoo

Auckland Zoo

I hopped off the bus at the famous Auckland zoo . The entry was dollar 20 and the zoo staff welcomed me by clicking my  picture in  fearful expression (as if  a lion was coming to attack me )

The zoo is very large .They have divided it into different parts of world- Australia , SriLanka , America  and Africa , showcasing animals of each region separately . It was very enjoyable to see Emu , Flamingo , Seal , Ostrich , lots of jiraffes and many colourful NewZealand birds in addition to monkeys , elephants ,lions or rhinoceros .

There are many eating places inside the zoo . You can have burgers ,icecreams ,salads or wraps . But I preferred to just have  my coke and the energy bars I was carrying in my bagpack . Saving dollars you know !

Watching lots of animals and birds , there was a souvenir shop near the exit where there were available almost all the animals in soft toy form for the kids . Lots of other stuff like mugs , diaries , pens , T-shirts etc but I didn’t buy anything . Saving dollars you know !

Just then a guy came to me with the pic which was clicked on my welcome entry . It was enclosed in a beautiful folder and I was told to pay dollar 15 for it . My eyes widened but I preferred to ask him smilingly whether it was compulsory to buy . Although he said ‘No’ but my heart said ‘Don’t save dollars everywhere ‘ and I puchased my picture . Here you also have a look at it :

HopOnHopOff

Kelly Tarlton Aquarium

I hopped on the bus and my destination was Kelly Tarlton Aquarium where I hopped off . This is a public aquarium in Auckland which is famous among tourists . It was the brainchild of the marine archaeologist and diver Kelly Tarlton .

In 1983, Kelly Tarlton proposed building an aquarium in unused sewage tanks underground on the Auckland waterfront. Fish would be viewed through a long acrylic tunnel.

HopOnHopOff

PC: Wikipedia

I got myself a ticket to the sealife aquarium for dollar 39 but I was alert for the welcome entry . Yes ! a guy did come to click me but my experienced mind smilingly said ‘No please, Thankyou so much’

Major attraction of Kelly Tarlton aquarium is Shark Tunnel Area

It was a beautiful experience watching different kinds of sea animals -fishes , sharks and the cutest penguins .The shark area is the best attraction of this museum where you walk through a tunnel and you see sharks  in the glass cages above your head .

The large snow area with so many penguins  personally attracted me the most . It was so beautiful to watch  the penguins taking  baby steps to walk around .  I wanted to kiss them , hug them and spend more n more time with them .

HopOnHopOff

Fell little short of time to explore the aquarium fully as the last time of hopping on the bus was  6 pm . I came out well in time so as not to miss my bus . The bus left me near Skycity and I went ahead to board the train to reach back home .

HopOnHopOff tour is a good option for sightseeing of Auckland city and you can choose your destinations as per your choice .

Read my experience of the famous SkyTower of Auckland 

For other videos of Newzealand travelogue go to my youtube channel  here 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember ho...

Uplift your mood

 My evening today was not good . I was doing all domestic chores in a  burdened way. I tried watching some  movie but it couldn't interest me . One of my colleagues called to intimate me of  some upcoming duty. That further pressurized my bad  mood . I wore my shoes , put on my headphones and got ready for a walk . After walking for around half an hour and listening to old bollywood , my feet took me towards the splash pool where children were enjoying . I removed my shoes and sat there at the edge of the pool dipping my feet into the water. Watching me , one of my friends also came and sat along . Both of us sat for quite  long on the edge of pool - chatting and dabbling our toes in the water. This cooled my mind and uplifted my mood .  You need to find  your own ways to uplift your mood as and when required . Music , Dance ,Good food , Laughing , shopping ,picnic ,  playing any sport you like , painting , talking to someone , chanting a man...

I am getting Older day by day

 I have stopped spending too much money on clothing or accessories......... I have stopped thinking too much about pleasing others....... I have stopped looking daily into the mirror ....... I have stopped cooking those time consuming delicious meals for my family ...... TV doesn't excite me as much now ....... My fingers can't scroll for long on facebook....... I don't feel like keeping longer nails - file or paint them....... Am i getting older day by day ? Travelling, Cycling or small get-togethers; I love to spend money and time  on experiences now...... Only the fitness goals push me to  look into the mirror ..... I am able to overlook others' reactions when it comes to listen to my heart.  I recently denied a loved one's advice because my heart was unable to  accept it..... I cry easily now when i relate to someone's emotions , even watching a movie ...... Am i getting older day by day ?  or  Am i getting freer day by day ?  I wish to be dre...