Skip to main content

My first International Solo Travel #traveloguenz

I love to travel and explore new places – experience the different cultures , nature’s beauty and even just enjoy the journey . Travelling to any new place makes me happy and rejuvenates me .  I come back with my energy levels elevated and my inner spirit is then motivated to work more enthusiastically ,whether at home or my workplace .

I have travelled  many places with my family – Goa , Kerala , Kanyakumari , Himachal to name a few . But It was my dream since long to travel solo .

For the last many months there have been many posts on facebook of women who travelled solo . I used to go through those posts again and again and feel  excited . I even read few blogs about solo travels –how solo travelers said that one should definitely travel solo atleast once in lifetime . At the back of my mind ,  I had the unfulfilled excitement of international travel also along with the curiosity of solo travel . I had explored many places in India but just Nepal at the name of International travel .

travel solo

I planned to travel Solo International . The best option I could decide  was to visit one of my very loving cousins who lives in New Zealand . Yes ! There I go ! God helped , my family supported me,  all the paperwork  done successfully and finally the tickets booked ! Yippeeee !

My flight to NewZealand was scheduled from Delhi on 28th June 2019 . I left from Chandigarh on 27th June and stayed that night with one of my cousins in New Delhi . Next morning I reached the airport well in time and completed all security and baggage checks . I must say I was  bit nervous as I was all alone and was travelling  for the first time to a place thousands of miles away from my home , that too leaving my darling daughter behind . But I tell you that nervousness or the fear which you have in your mind is only till you  keep your first step out . As you take the first step the path itself shows the way . Then any kind of fear fades away .

solo travel

travel solo

New Delhi to Bangkok

My first journey was from New Delhi to Bangkok . I was travelling internationally first time you know , I was very much thrilled . An exciting journey had started  . Going on a holiday to NewZealand was adding a new zeal  in me . I  clicked lots of selfies and at the same time I was extra cautious also of my belongings , especially my hand bag which had my credit cards and passport . I thoroughly enjoyed my first journey till Bangkok-from enjoying food and drinks in the plane , see my plane sail through the clouds ,and watching movies on the go . Just for your knowledge ,it was Thai Airways .

travel solo

Food served in Thai airways ….it was quite delicious

Bangkok to Auckland 

Reaching Bangkok ,there was a layover of 1 hour and I had to board another plane  from Bangkok to Auckland . Bangkok airport is huge and very beautiful also as I had heard . But just one hour time didn’t allow me to enjoy Bangkok airport . After  enquiring at one or two places  and after a 20 minute walk I reached my next boarding gate. This journey was going to be long and tiring. Thank God I had opted for Aisle seat on web check in.

I was enjoying this journey also till the food was served . I am a Hindu vegetarian and had opted for Veg meal while booking the ticket. But the air hostess didn’t have my name in her list of Veg meal passengers . This became the  first lesson of my solo travel –that I had to separately book for Veg meal on the site of Thai Airways . Well this is what the air staff  told me .

Ok now I had no other option than to rely just on juice and cookies . But one of the airhostess was sweet enough as she came to me with a Veg Hindu meal after few minutes . Oh ! my tummy thanked her more than my lips . I enjoyed my food ,then movies , then little of sleep and finally the 12 hour journey came to an end . On 29th June 2019 I  landed in Auckland . Stepping on to the city of sails, I was excited to meet my cousin sis (whom I call Di ) and brother-in-law (whom I call Satin Bro)

travel solo

 

 

Chandigarh –New Delhi-Bangkok-Auckland was a memorable joue rney .

You would love to  read the next parts of my NewZealand travelogue – which  places I visited , what did I shop , what I loved the most , the sharks at the zoo , the fresh snowfall and lots more .

Part 2 : Devonport and Orewa

Part 3 : Waiheke

Part 4 : Sky Tower

Part 5 : Auckland zoo and Aquarium

Part 6 : Whakapapa

Part 7 : Rotorua

Part 8 : My Travel tips and learnings

I didn’t travel solo to get away from anyone ,but for getting closer to myself .

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z 2022

I started my blog five years ago and my blogging journey during these five years has gone through many twists and turns . I started my blog on self hosted wordpress site , learnt lot many technical aspects like DA ,  SEO and latram patram .....Blogchatter has been a constant friend ( plus a big support) since then ....I have  successfully participated in  #BlogchatterA2Z three times .....and wrote two ebooks too during the process . All this was quite exciting you know as I got to understand a bit of creative side of writing , made some new blogger friends , and became a proud AUTHOR of two ebooks .  In 2018 my theme was #Astitva where I wrote about various stigmas faced by a woman in our society . In 2019 I wrote under the theme #Prerna where I uploaded  some inspirational posts . In 2020 all my blogposts were related to the life of middle aged women (as that was the time I had just stepped into my forties ) . That was the time I came up with the book 'The Silver Lined Mommy' 

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember how i  had to bear my daughter

Keep Yourself Alive

 Are you alive ? Are you thankful that you are alive ? I am writing this in some spare  time at my workplace and a few minutes ago I got to know about the sudden death of one of our collleagues  . Always smiling and helpful to all , he was in his early forties . Leaving his family and kids crying  , he just decided to fly away , may be to a happier world ( atleast that's what i wish )  Well ! I never intended to begin with  anything of this sort but today's news has left me disturbed you know .  All i can do is to be thankful that I am alive , hale n hearty . Life is so unpredictable you see but still we all have filled our life with hatred , jealousy , competition, ego , leg-pulling , stress, frustration and what not . You or Me can just disappear in a moment and then ?  Let's simplify our life ....a life which is easy going , happy and filled with love for all . Let's stop rushing ! Let's stop judging others ! Let our ego go off with smiles , hugs and gratitude fo