Skip to main content

Compound Effect of WOW-moments in Life

How often  you use the word “WOW” ? When do you use it ? When you are excited , feeling happy , energetic ?
When you have had a sound sleep in the night and wake up very fresh in the morning , you say ” Wow that was a relaxing night “
When you get on the weighing machine and it shows a lesser value , you say ” Wow I have lost few kg “
When you go to spend your vacation in the beautiful lap of nature , the words which immediately come out are ” Wow It’s so beautiful “
When you accomplish  a task which you yourself or many others feared , the words that    can be    listened are ” Wow Great ! You have done it. “wow
These are all WOW-moments of your life . It is these WOW-moments which keep life’s excitement high , which never let our mind get old with age .
 “In all areas of your life, look for the multiplier opportunities where you can go a little further, push yourself a little harder, last a little longer, prepare a little better, and deliver a little bit more. Where can you do better and more than expected? When can you do the totally unexpected? Find as many opportunities for ‘WOW,’ and the level and speed of your accomplishments will astonish you… and everyone else around you.” 
― Darren Hardy, an American author and keynote speaker , well known for his book ‘The Compound Effect’
In the book ‘The Compound Effect’ Darren Hardy explains about the  small things done  each day that can result in a noticeable big change over time.
You start with the little task of walking daily for 30 minutes and you can feel the difference in your body and your decreased stress level  after a month . You start learning any sport you always longed for , you may find it difficult in the beginning , but after few days you would notice the skill slowly making its place in your subconscious mind .You start spending 5 minutes for your prayers on daily basis and you can see your inner strength growing with time  .

Count on your WOW-moments , not WOW-things

Analyse your life and count on your WOW-moments . Try working harder for building a huge collection of such moments , remember WOW-moments , not WOW-things .
You buy a new car and say ” Wow , it is such a nice car ” or you buy a new phone and feel accomplished to say ” Wow it’s the latest technology gadget I have got ” …….Remember these should not be counted as WOW-moments .

‘Compound effect’ works for  your WOW-moments

The small Wow moments of your life built over a period of time help you to be happier , contended and energetic .

So you should work on collecting your Wow-moments . There may come some bad phases in life but Wow moments can be found anytime if you wish .
If you are having health problems at some time ,  you can find a Wow moment by helping someone financially.
If you are under financial burden,  you can find a Wow -moment by spending time with yourself or just smiling to someone else .
Building  a collection of little Wow-moments in your life can bring a Big WOW !
wow
Now-a-days I am blogging daily under theme #Prerna as part of #BlogchatterA2Z . The day I finish the challenge successfully would be my  WOW-moment .
What have been the Wow-moments in your life ? Don’t you want to share ?

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z 2022

I started my blog five years ago and my blogging journey during these five years has gone through many twists and turns . I started my blog on self hosted wordpress site , learnt lot many technical aspects like DA ,  SEO and latram patram .....Blogchatter has been a constant friend ( plus a big support) since then ....I have  successfully participated in  #BlogchatterA2Z three times .....and wrote two ebooks too during the process . All this was quite exciting you know as I got to understand a bit of creative side of writing , made some new blogger friends , and became a proud AUTHOR of two ebooks .  In 2018 my theme was #Astitva where I wrote about various stigmas faced by a woman in our society . In 2019 I wrote under the theme #Prerna where I uploaded  some inspirational posts . In 2020 all my blogposts were related to the life of middle aged women (as that was the time I had just stepped into my forties ) . That was the time I came up with the book 'The Silver Lined Mommy' 

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember how i  had to bear my daughter

Keep Yourself Alive

 Are you alive ? Are you thankful that you are alive ? I am writing this in some spare  time at my workplace and a few minutes ago I got to know about the sudden death of one of our collleagues  . Always smiling and helpful to all , he was in his early forties . Leaving his family and kids crying  , he just decided to fly away , may be to a happier world ( atleast that's what i wish )  Well ! I never intended to begin with  anything of this sort but today's news has left me disturbed you know .  All i can do is to be thankful that I am alive , hale n hearty . Life is so unpredictable you see but still we all have filled our life with hatred , jealousy , competition, ego , leg-pulling , stress, frustration and what not . You or Me can just disappear in a moment and then ?  Let's simplify our life ....a life which is easy going , happy and filled with love for all . Let's stop rushing ! Let's stop judging others ! Let our ego go off with smiles , hugs and gratitude fo