Skip to main content

A Letter to my Unborn Child

 

 

My unborn child

Within first year of my marriage , I had to undergo abortion.  It was followed by the feelings  of sadness, pain (more of sentimental), loss  and regret. A   loving bond  with my  unborn child that  had started nurturing , had to breakdown within  few weeks . Today I express my emotions  in this letter to my Unborn Child.

A Letter to my Unborn Child 

I held you inside me for few weeks ,but didn’t get a chance to hold you in my arms.  I felt your heartbeat  inside me , but couldn’t  welcome you in the world  outside.

God didn’t give us a chance to cuddle  with each other , but  the memories of your little movements inside my tummy  are afresh in my mind.  Your little kicks didn’t hurt me but used to bring smile on my face.

We were growing our emotional bond when God suddenly changed his plans. We were not allowed to continue our love for long but the bond we made even in those few weeks  , is  precious for me , and  it always would be.

When Doctor laid me on hospital bed , a long instrument was used to dislodge you from me .  I know that the pain you felt must have been much much more than me.

But my dear Baby , I was helpless. I felt paralyzed to save you.  My helplessness flowed in the form of tears. I am  so sorry that I couldn’t save  you Baby !  I still don’t know whether you were a girl or a boy but I loved you so much my dear !

Letter to my daughter written on the eve of International women’s day 

Even today , after so many years , occasionally  I am reminded of  that attachment &  love which then sneaks out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks, sometimes wets my writing papers.  I do wipe away that liquid love but it feels impossible to  ever  be able to wipe away the love I had with you, as you were my first child, although Unborn Child.

My unborn child

This post is written as a part of #chatterprompts by Blogchatter

Unborn child

Linking to #quotedstories

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember ho...

Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z 2022

I started my blog five years ago and my blogging journey during these five years has gone through many twists and turns . I started my blog on self hosted wordpress site , learnt lot many technical aspects like DA ,  SEO and latram patram .....Blogchatter has been a constant friend ( plus a big support) since then ....I have  successfully participated in  #BlogchatterA2Z three times .....and wrote two ebooks too during the process . All this was quite exciting you know as I got to understand a bit of creative side of writing , made some new blogger friends , and became a proud AUTHOR of two ebooks .  In 2018 my theme was #Astitva where I wrote about various stigmas faced by a woman in our society . In 2019 I wrote under the theme #Prerna where I uploaded  some inspirational posts . In 2020 all my blogposts were related to the life of middle aged women (as that was the time I had just stepped into my forties ) . That was the time I came up with the book 'The Silv...

Uplift your mood

 My evening today was not good . I was doing all domestic chores in a  burdened way. I tried watching some  movie but it couldn't interest me . One of my colleagues called to intimate me of  some upcoming duty. That further pressurized my bad  mood . I wore my shoes , put on my headphones and got ready for a walk . After walking for around half an hour and listening to old bollywood , my feet took me towards the splash pool where children were enjoying . I removed my shoes and sat there at the edge of the pool dipping my feet into the water. Watching me , one of my friends also came and sat along . Both of us sat for quite  long on the edge of pool - chatting and dabbling our toes in the water. This cooled my mind and uplifted my mood .  You need to find  your own ways to uplift your mood as and when required . Music , Dance ,Good food , Laughing , shopping ,picnic ,  playing any sport you like , painting , talking to someone , chanting a man...