Skip to main content

Yoga of Wisdom : BUDDHI-YOGA # Bhagavad-Gita

 

 

BUDDHI-YOGA

Buddhi means Intelligence and Yoga means mystic activities. So BUDDHI-YOGA  is the intelligent use of mind and keeping it engaged in devotional activities. This Yoga is considered as the highest perfectional stage.

BUDDHI-YOGA

Buddhi or Intelligence exists in all of us , it gives power to discriminate between good and bad . A man of lesser buddhi is constantly driven by senses and the worldly Desires . It is BUDDHI-YOGA which teaches us how to overcome this weakness and perform our duties with even-mindedsness. By adopting the devotional path of BUDDHI-YOGA , one can remain alike in pleasure & pain , gain & loss, victory & defeat . ( BG 2.38)

BUDDHI-YOGA

In Bhagavad-Gita chapter 10 , Sri Krishna tells Arjuna about BUDDHI-YOGA. The ultimate goal of human life is getting out of the entanglement of this material world.   Lord says that by devotional service , this is possible.

BUDDHI-YOGA

BG 10.10

When a person knows the goal of life but is addicted to fruitive activities , he is acting in Karma-Yoga. But when a person knows the goal of life and jumps into devotional service completely , he is said to be acting in BUDDHI-YOGA.

BUDDHI-YOGA

It is not possible to understand the SUPREME  just by mental effort. One has to be a lover of the Lord. By steady devotional service (bhakti) , the dust of materialism slowly clears out  and one is able to reach the real divine consciousness.

 

 

 

 

 

In Bhagavad-Gita chapter 18 verse 65 and 66, it is emphasized by Lord himself   that one should concentrate his mind on the Lord Sri Krishna. One should surrender unto Him with faith and love . By doing so, the human being would be freed from all contamination and Sinful reactions. BUDDHI-YOGA

BUDDHI-YOGA

As far as I have understood BUDDHI-YOGA, it’s about being intelligent to make progress on the spiritual path . After all, our life must not be just for eating, sleeping , or collecting material things . And we never know when it’s all going to end .  I think every Holy book mentions about the purpose of human birth as self realization and connection of Atma with Parmatma . For this, Bhagavad-Gita mentions about the technique of BUDDHI-YOGA.

So Let’s adopt BUDDHI-YOGA , be in love with Lord , obey him, please him, glorify him,   just like  the  unconditional  child’s  love for his father. Let’s try to  find our true relationship with the SUPREME  by our devotional Yoga / Yoga of Wisdom .

Read my post on Peace and Happiness with Bhagavad-Gita

Read my post on Control your Flickering Mind with Bhagavad-Gita

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember ho...

Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z 2022

I started my blog five years ago and my blogging journey during these five years has gone through many twists and turns . I started my blog on self hosted wordpress site , learnt lot many technical aspects like DA ,  SEO and latram patram .....Blogchatter has been a constant friend ( plus a big support) since then ....I have  successfully participated in  #BlogchatterA2Z three times .....and wrote two ebooks too during the process . All this was quite exciting you know as I got to understand a bit of creative side of writing , made some new blogger friends , and became a proud AUTHOR of two ebooks .  In 2018 my theme was #Astitva where I wrote about various stigmas faced by a woman in our society . In 2019 I wrote under the theme #Prerna where I uploaded  some inspirational posts . In 2020 all my blogposts were related to the life of middle aged women (as that was the time I had just stepped into my forties ) . That was the time I came up with the book 'The Silv...

Uplift your mood

 My evening today was not good . I was doing all domestic chores in a  burdened way. I tried watching some  movie but it couldn't interest me . One of my colleagues called to intimate me of  some upcoming duty. That further pressurized my bad  mood . I wore my shoes , put on my headphones and got ready for a walk . After walking for around half an hour and listening to old bollywood , my feet took me towards the splash pool where children were enjoying . I removed my shoes and sat there at the edge of the pool dipping my feet into the water. Watching me , one of my friends also came and sat along . Both of us sat for quite  long on the edge of pool - chatting and dabbling our toes in the water. This cooled my mind and uplifted my mood .  You need to find  your own ways to uplift your mood as and when required . Music , Dance ,Good food , Laughing , shopping ,picnic ,  playing any sport you like , painting , talking to someone , chanting a man...