Skip to main content

Is Your Mind Your Enemy ? ? Bhagavad-Gita tells ways to control the flickering Mind

 

Our Mind

Sometimes our mind is  so cheerful  and the other time mind is full of anger .

Sometimes the mind behaves generous and sometimes it is full of greed and lust .

Sometimes it is spreading smiles and sometimes it is just passing negative vibrations  all around.

We are behaving as per mind’s wish , feeling helpless , having no control over the emotions. So is our mind our enemy or our friend ?

The mind is always restless and unsteady . All the time it wants to do something or achieve something . Many times we act as slaves to our mind by fulfilling its wish of certain material desires. But it is so turbulent that it just doesn’t get satisfied and it further wishes something more . Many times we have to serve the dictations of lust and anger .

So isn’t our mind our Enemy ? The Unconquered Enemy ?  Bhagavad-Gita says  the following :

Mind

We definitely need to do something to conquer this enemy . In  practical world it is very difficult to control our mind.  In Bhagavad-Gita  chapter 6 “Dhyana-Yoga” , Lord Sri Krishna is telling about the ways to control the flickering  mind.  Lord says that  We should try to control the mind and not let mind control us all the time. 

When Arjuna asks Lord that it’s very difficult to control mind , even more difficult than controlling the wind, Lord Sri Krishna agrees with this fact but at the same time says that by  devotional service one can certainly experience detachment (vairagya) from material objectives and as a result have a control over our so called enemy.

Our mind should become our friend . For this , the devotional service should include having faith on Lord , hearing about him , loving him . Let our faith slowly transform to devotion .

Mind

Arjuna finds controlling the mind very difficult , even more difficult than controlling the wind

Bhagavad-gita explains about many yogas , but the highest is Bhaktiyoga.

The  stage of divine Consciousness can be attained ultimately by Bhaktiyoga, always focussing our attention on the Lord  and his transcendental qualities.

Mind

Let’s  starts walking on this Devotional path  and make mind our true friend. Let’s  review our thoughts and deeds , try to improvise so that we can overcome our negative emotions like anger, greed , ego etc. and fill our life with peace and happiness. 

I think all of us must read Bhagavad-Gita atleast once in lifetime. Even one verse a day would benefit us a lot. I can be your help if you want to read it. Just  mail me at alubhujiablog@gmail.com and I will send a copy of Bhagavad-Gita for free.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember ho...

Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z 2022

I started my blog five years ago and my blogging journey during these five years has gone through many twists and turns . I started my blog on self hosted wordpress site , learnt lot many technical aspects like DA ,  SEO and latram patram .....Blogchatter has been a constant friend ( plus a big support) since then ....I have  successfully participated in  #BlogchatterA2Z three times .....and wrote two ebooks too during the process . All this was quite exciting you know as I got to understand a bit of creative side of writing , made some new blogger friends , and became a proud AUTHOR of two ebooks .  In 2018 my theme was #Astitva where I wrote about various stigmas faced by a woman in our society . In 2019 I wrote under the theme #Prerna where I uploaded  some inspirational posts . In 2020 all my blogposts were related to the life of middle aged women (as that was the time I had just stepped into my forties ) . That was the time I came up with the book 'The Silv...

Uplift your mood

 My evening today was not good . I was doing all domestic chores in a  burdened way. I tried watching some  movie but it couldn't interest me . One of my colleagues called to intimate me of  some upcoming duty. That further pressurized my bad  mood . I wore my shoes , put on my headphones and got ready for a walk . After walking for around half an hour and listening to old bollywood , my feet took me towards the splash pool where children were enjoying . I removed my shoes and sat there at the edge of the pool dipping my feet into the water. Watching me , one of my friends also came and sat along . Both of us sat for quite  long on the edge of pool - chatting and dabbling our toes in the water. This cooled my mind and uplifted my mood .  You need to find  your own ways to uplift your mood as and when required . Music , Dance ,Good food , Laughing , shopping ,picnic ,  playing any sport you like , painting , talking to someone , chanting a man...