Skip to main content

#Gender (In)Equality - The female battle is yet to be won #BlogchatterA2Z #Astitva

The alphabet of the day is G

G stands for Gender Equality

A piece of fiction on Gender (In)Equality 

Wasn’t the clock moving fast today  ? It had struck 8.30am so early . Dragging her feet hurriedly into the shoes, one hand combing her hair and other picking purse and looking for car keys , Gunjan was  hustling   “Rohit …..I am going , got late for the meeting . Boss is going to erupt today also . That Australian client is very important for the company’s business , Where the hell the things are misplaced ?  Now where are are the Creta keys ?  ” Suddenly she got lucky enough to see the keys entangled in a sofa corner , she quickly picked and streaked to move out .

” Creta ? Why My Car today ? What happened to your Alto ? Rohit’s sudden reaction came

Gunjan was short of time , so she just left with the answer flying in the air

She managed to reach office just at the nick of time which saved her from Boss’s Lava .  Putting the phone on airplane mode , she opened her laptop and started . After the client was impressed with Gunjan’s presentations about the company’s achievements and upcoming ventures , he asked Boss for  two of the company’s officials to come to their head office abroad . Boss took no time and enlisted his own name and Mudit , Gunjan’s junior .

Her Mind halted , started questioning herself , started doubting her abilities , But,  To Be Calm is a woman’s innate quality .Is it ?

Coming out of the conference hall , she switched on her phone and whatsapp just overflowed .  Out of the hundreds of messages  , she scrolled to find if something important was hidden in those good morning messages. One important message was from Rohit ” Ms.  HR Manager , First learn to manage your home . Ghar to sambhaal nahi pa rahi ho , Office kya khaak sambhaalogi ? And by the way I love my Creta very much , I think  more than you ”

Another very important message was from Mummy Ji also , waiting to be clicked .

My thoughts on Gender (In)Equality

This was just another little incident when a woman is kept aside . In this story , Gunjan is a well  educated  girl  , empowered with confidence and skills.  But the family wants her to  serve the rigid gender role of  a home maker  and the office wants to just use  her  talents , depriving her of any opportunities.

Don’t we often notice such inequalities towards women ? InEquality in rights , InEquality in responsibilities , InEquality in decision making ? Why the society defines  woman  as to be kept at back ?  Why she is  supposed to ask for permissions before doing something new ? Why only SHE is  predefined  as a caretaker  of home and family ?  Is SHE to be given the free will only to become captive ? When will the Gender Equality weighing scale actually weigh equal ?

#WhenWillWeChange

Times do have changed , but still at many points , it appears as if the man tries to enslave her – enslaving her  of  rights , of her free thinking , of her Equality in society , of her  desires  and of her happiness . May be the man is worried that if the cage is opened , the real dragon would fly out .

Gender equality

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to my Kitchen

 Being a woman i also spend lot of time in my kitchen whether full heartedly , half heartedly or not at all heartedly . But in any case i have to go in my kitchen off and on . Today I feel like writing a letter to my kitchen. Dear Kitchen    Hope you are living a fulfilling life with all your jars filled to the brim with wheat , rice , pulses , sugar , tea ,coffee and cookies . I also hope that your sinks are now empty and clean unlike the last month when maid was on leave . Those days ,your sinks used to be piled up with utensils and it stinked so badly .  Dear kitchen , it's been around seventeen years that i am taking care of you . Now you are grown up as a teenager and so you should learn to be responsible and maintain your hygiene .  It feels good when my family agrees on khichdi and your cooker does the job   in  just one whistle . But you just don't cooperate when they demand Chole Bhature and you also start giving me tantrums . Remember ho...

Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z 2022

I started my blog five years ago and my blogging journey during these five years has gone through many twists and turns . I started my blog on self hosted wordpress site , learnt lot many technical aspects like DA ,  SEO and latram patram .....Blogchatter has been a constant friend ( plus a big support) since then ....I have  successfully participated in  #BlogchatterA2Z three times .....and wrote two ebooks too during the process . All this was quite exciting you know as I got to understand a bit of creative side of writing , made some new blogger friends , and became a proud AUTHOR of two ebooks .  In 2018 my theme was #Astitva where I wrote about various stigmas faced by a woman in our society . In 2019 I wrote under the theme #Prerna where I uploaded  some inspirational posts . In 2020 all my blogposts were related to the life of middle aged women (as that was the time I had just stepped into my forties ) . That was the time I came up with the book 'The Silv...

Uplift your mood

 My evening today was not good . I was doing all domestic chores in a  burdened way. I tried watching some  movie but it couldn't interest me . One of my colleagues called to intimate me of  some upcoming duty. That further pressurized my bad  mood . I wore my shoes , put on my headphones and got ready for a walk . After walking for around half an hour and listening to old bollywood , my feet took me towards the splash pool where children were enjoying . I removed my shoes and sat there at the edge of the pool dipping my feet into the water. Watching me , one of my friends also came and sat along . Both of us sat for quite  long on the edge of pool - chatting and dabbling our toes in the water. This cooled my mind and uplifted my mood .  You need to find  your own ways to uplift your mood as and when required . Music , Dance ,Good food , Laughing , shopping ,picnic ,  playing any sport you like , painting , talking to someone , chanting a man...